Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Software Development Engineer in Test - Honey Tips
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Los Angeles team.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you'll take ownership of helping build automation and testing that will ensure high quality releases. You can expect to work with a diverse set of critical teams such as the Extension, Droplist, Offers, and Honey Pay. Your contribution will impact how we ensure that Honey is the better way to buy, by providing high impact information when our users are making their purchasing decisions.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You like to break other people’s code and then help them debug
- You take pride in automating repetitive tasks, no matter how simple
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You have experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You have experience with front-end testing tools (Selenium Web Driver, Grid)
- You know the difference between BDD and TDD and have experience with at least one
- You have experience with basic database queries (MySQL, Postgres, Mongo)
- You are comfortable working on the command line
- You are comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation
- You have a working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- You are able to manage your time well and provide accurate time estimates
- You enjoy helping to improve quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- You want to own the code repository and are dedicated to maintaining high code quality
- You set high standards and hold others to those standards
In this role, you’ll:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) and own the testing for your product
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment
- Execute test automation code in a collaborative environment
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Work closely with your mission team to test your team’s products
- Work closely with other QA Engineers and SDETs as a mentor
- Implement automation to increase test coverage
- Making frequent contributions to our testing framework
- Building tools to support automated testing of your product
Bonus Points for:
- Experience testing iOS and Android applications
- Experience using Datadog for monitoring and observability
- Experience creating synthetic checks to monitor and test HTTP-based APIs
- Experience working with applications deployed in to public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience running tests in a continuous integration system like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
- Experience with performance or load testing
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with SauceLabs, BrowerStack, or other browser compatibility testing tools
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.