Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Product Designer II - Growth Platform
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Product Designer to join the Product Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team and focus on designing UX/UI for the consumer experience. You will work in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, prototypes to high fidelity final deliverables. You will follow an agile approach to design with an emphasis on user testing and rapid iteration. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Growth Marketing, Revenue and Creative stakeholders through the business to understand areas of opportunity.
*What You'll Do: *
As a Product Designer, Growth at Honey, you will:
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final pixel perfect deliverables based on requirements from Product and various stakeholders
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Honey’s existing product experience across platforms as well as the UI style guide to ensure future iterations are executed with a cohesive experience
- Have a solid understanding of usability testing
- Work closely and collaboratively with UX Researcher, UX Writer, Product Managers, Engineers and various business stakeholders to fulfill the overall product/feature vision
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute designs in time with your team’s product roadmap
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing and iterate quickly based on learnings found in user testing
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for engineering teams to build out
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering
- QA developed features for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product Design Team to ensure product-wide visual consistency
- 3+ years experience at a consumer-focused technology company
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Principle and other prototyping tools
- Focused and dedicated to creating a cohesive journey and experience for users to accomplish their goals
- Strong visual and graphic design chops with a keen eye for detail
- Experience creating concepts to pixel perfect deliverables with a deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design
- Design adaptability, developing concepts and variations with the ability to conceptualize multi-state with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience designing for various screen sizes for fully responsive web experiences
- Excellent in interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Exists on the cutting edge of UX design – and pushes our user research, testing, and design infrastructure and practices
- Experience in building element-based UI design library and style guides
- Knowledge of page animations and interaction design
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.