Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Quality Assurance Manager
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Los Angeles.
Our engineering team prioritizes creating excellent systems via rapid iterations, collaboration, and peer review. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who will actively mentor and contribute to the personal development of their team. You get just as excited seeing others grow and learn under your leadership as you do by executing the work yourself. You seek to improve standard practices and cultivate a culture of excellence. Most importantly, you'll work with a diverse group of people and collaborate to create the best solutions for Honey and our members.
As a Quality Assurance Manager will focus on leading and developing a highly skilled team of QA Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test. You will be responsible for managing QA processes and ensuring best practices are adhered to.
*About you: *
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have experience managing Quality Assurance teams
- Familiar with mobile testing (iOS and Android) and mobile release processes
- Experience with Automation testing tools and frameworks
- You love fostering career growth and building a strong team culture.
- You proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a product manager to build and maintain a backlog of work for a team of engineers.
- You understand that celebrating accomplishments is just as important as looking for ways to improve.
- In-depth understanding of Quality Assurance principles and Automated Testing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
*In this role, you'll: *
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the teams are using best practices.
- Establish processes to resolve dependencies and communicate clearly with stakeholders for smoother releases.
- Build, manage, mentor, and coach a team of highly-skilled Quality Assurance Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test.
- Own all operational metrics for your team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinates product testing processes.
- Participates in product testing.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.