Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Technical Program Manager - Shopping Tools
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
As we continue growing out a high performing product and engineering organization, we are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to contribute to this evolution. With teams in Los Angeles and Boulder, CO, you will help improve and refine our product development process.
We're looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Shopping Tools group at Honey. This person will focus on delivering, managing and organizing mission critical, revenue generating, and cutting edge products. As a Technical Program Manager, you'll take ownership of the Offers, Product Catalog, and Droplist programs. You will collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams (Product, Engineering, Analytics, QA, Design, Operations, Marketing) to improve coordination, help reinforce aligned autonomy, and deliver on critical projects.
What You'll Do:
As a Technical Program Manager at Honey, you will:
- Oversee and manage the development of all essential product roadmap and product strategy material for our Shopping Discovery teams, and other product/mission team communications through collaboration
- Identify inter-team and cross-team product-related challenges and process gaps, and design solutions optimize for operational efficiencies across Product and Engineering teams
- Define repeatable processes and good practices for collaboration within and across mission teams
- Surface and escalate constraints, dependencies and alignment challenges or any other critical issues, and diligently drive to resolve
- Help to build and maintain strategic, operational and cultural symmetries between our headquarters and remote engineering and product locations
- Help build Product and Engineering onboarding with key stakeholders
- Contribute to organization design and engineering/product operational planning
- Cultivate a safe, diverse, inclusive, and positive environment for teams through effective prioritization, advocacy, thought leadership, and compassion
- Experience as an Agile Coach, Technical Program Manager, Release Manager, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager/Director (preferably for a cross-functional team)
- Have sufficient technical and product knowledge to speak effectively with the engineering and product team on challenges and areas of improvements
- Have influential and coaching skills to lead change without authority and be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You are intellectually curious - you seek a deeper understanding of how Honey works and you’re fascinated by complex organizational challenges and seek ways to connect the dots between practical and theoretical knowledge
- You are empathetic - you have the capacity to imagine how the world looks to others and to build bonds of trust even in difficult circumstances.
- You are committed to learning, honest self-examination and open feedback from others
- You are willing to fail and to invest in doing whatever it takes to grow into an exceptional performer
Success Looks Like:
- Improvement in the coordination, visibility, communication, and prioritization of product vision, roadmaps, and release across teams
- An objectively positive influence on our engineering and product culture across locations
- Developed presence as a trusted mentor, advisor and coach for our engineering and product organization
- Improvement in the guidance and support we offer our people leaders throughout the engineering and product organizations, including defined, adopted, and implemented standards.
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.