Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Software Engineer - Droplist
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking Senior Backend Engineers to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
If you aren't already in the Los Angeles area, don't fret - we'll move you here!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will focus on increasing engagement, performance, and reliability for our price watching feature, Droplist. You'll take ownership of the technical direction and execution. You can expect to work with other engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to improve the scale and efficiency of our existing system as well as deliver new features. You can also expect to motivate and mentor the technical growth of other engineers.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, Mercurial, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You lint all your code or know you should
- You know what parts of your code require tests and you write those tests
- You know how to use a framework to create robust and reliable HTTP-based APIs
- You know it’s important to monitor your production systems
- You know it’s important to stage your systems before you deploy to production
- You know about continuous integration systems like Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
- You’re able and willing to deploy your systems to production and troubleshoot them if they fail
- You want to work with Docker and Kubernetes
In this role, you’ll:
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 2-5 other software engineers
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Mentor and guide other engineers on the team
- Build large-scale, stand-alone tasks reading from Pubsub and processing millions of messages per day
- Build monitoring for all your services and tasks to ensure their reliability and health
- Work closely with a product manager for your mission team on product requirements and translate those requirements to technical solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI, Node.js, NPM, Git, GitHub, Golang, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with a distributed SQL platform like CockroachDB or Google Spanner
- Experience with Hadoop, Map-Reduce, or other “Big Data” systems
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.