Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Product Designer
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Sr. Product Designer to join the Product Team in our Los Angeles office.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our team and contribute to the evolving Honey product offering. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction and trajectory of a new product. You will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, QAs, Designers) in all phases of design from discovery to execution.
*What You’ll Do: *
As a Sr. Product Designer at Honey, you will:
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights and company feature goals into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Work in one of our feature teams and collaborate with PM’s and engineers in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process
- Translate product goals into wireframes and then highly-polished visual comps with attention to interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines
- Work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Mentor other designers
- 5+ years experience shipping products used by millions of consumers
- Proficiency in at least two of our current design software (Figma, Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Framer, etc)
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Proficiency in insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior)
- Strong design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Ability to both provide and receive design criticism constructively, and appreciation for its importance within the design process
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Proficiency designing for all devices and platforms
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Lives and breathes design
*Bonus Points For: *
- Experience designing E-commerce products
- UX Writing
- Experience leading small teams
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.