Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Engineering Manager - iOS
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team in Los Angeles.
Our engineering team prioritizes creating excellent systems via rapid iterations, collaboration, and peer review. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will actively mentor and contribute to the personal development of their team. You get just as excited seeing others grow and learn under your leadership as you do by executing the work yourself. You seek to improve standard practices and cultivate a culture of excellence. Most importantly, you'll work with a diverse group of people and collaborate to create the best solutions for Honey and our members.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineering Manager to join Honey. This person will focus on leading a highly skilled team of iOS engineers focusing on building a highly performant, intuitive and secure iOS native app experience for Honey members.
*About you: *
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You love fostering career growth and building a strong team culture.
- You proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a Product Manager and Technical Program Manager to build and maintain a backlog of work for a team of engineers.
- You understand that celebrating accomplishments is just as important as looking for ways to improve.
- You have experience managing Engineering teams
- In-depth understanding of Swift or Objective-C
*In this role, you'll: *
- Be responsible for delivering engineering and operational excellence for Honey iOS shopping app.
- Be responsible for managing the architecture, design, development, and releases of the iOS app.
- Build, manage, mentor, and coach a team of highly-skilled Software Engineers.
- Own all operational metrics for your team.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- Represent the engineering organization and evangelize the work to leadership.
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.