Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Honey is a fast-growing startup headquartered in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. We open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer - iOS to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
This person will focus on building and maintaining features in Honey's iOS app. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll take ownership of implementing new features, some of which will be visible to our users, and others which will be behind the scenes. You can expect to work with other iOS engineers, backend services teams, product managers, designers, and QA on a daily basis, as well as regular communication with the other client teams (Android, Web, Extension). Your contribution will impact how Honey provides a better way to buy and make money more fair for everyone.
*About you: *
If you're on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You have built and delivered one or more apps to the Apple App Store.
- You’ve built applications using Swift or Objective-C
- You’ve used Cocoa Touch, Storyboards, and/or Swift UI
- You are familiar with Git and GitHub
- You know how to do offline storage, threading, or performance tuning in an iOS app
- You have interfaced with GraphQL or REST APIs from an iOS app
- You know how to use cloud message APIs and push notifications (through Firebase or similar)
- You know it’s important to monitor your production systems using tools like Sentry and Datadog
- You lint and test all your code or know you should, are willing to deploy your systems to production and troubleshoot them if they fail
- You know about continuous integration systems like Fastlane, Travis, Jenkins, or CircleCI (we use Circle)
*In this role, you'll: *
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 7+ other software engineers.
- Design, build, and maintain Honey’s applications for iOS
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of all of Honey’s iOS applications
- Build monitoring for all your applications and tasks to ensure their reliability and health
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Honey’s 10+ million users
- Work closely with a product manager for your mission team on product requirements and translating those requirements to technical solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on MacOS and Safari App extensions
- Experience with Android
- Experience with React Native
- Knowledge of Apple’s low-level C-based libraries
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.