Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Productivity Coach - Engineering & Product
About The Role:
We are actively striving to create one of the worlds most engaged, high performing and rewarding product development organizations. Following a recent reorganization of our engineering and product team structure and operating model, we are looking for an experienced engineering and product coach to help our teams evolve to being a collection purpose-driven, highly-aligned, self-contained, autonomous teams in a highly collaborative environment. This is a hybrid “Coach” and “Operations Leads” role that will evolve over time as required and we are looking for someone who can “hit the ground running”.
What You’ll Do:
As a Productivity Coach at Honey, you will:
As a Coach:
* Actively coach our Engineering and Product managers towards being highly capable and effective leaders who are well equipped to support and prioritize the contribution and professional development of our growing teams
* Drive and motivate your own self-improvement while contributing to the collaborative efforts of defining our value-based coaching standards and expectations
* Identify opportunities to lead the implementation, adoption, and expansion of good practices and common frameworks through a Honey-specific lens, where applicable, while maintaining team autonomy to experiment
* Highlight areas of process and practices causing confusion, time waste, or bloat while equally looking for opportunities to surface good practices and behaviors to apply more broadly across the organization
* Collaborate on the definition and implementation of self-sufficient delivery and release management capabilities within mission and platform teams
As an Operations Lead:
* Advance the value creation conversations and management of all essential project and practice documentation via collaboration
* Actively contribute to organization design and engineering/product operational planning
* Articulate insights around organizational structure, including staffing needs and capability gaps to ensure the smooth functioning of the product engineering org and its culture
* Cultivate a safe, diverse, inclusive, and positive environment for teams through effective prioritization, advocacy, thought leadership, and compassion
Success in this role looks like:
* A material improvement in the guidance and support we offer our coaches (managers and leads) throughout the engineering and product organizations
* Defined, adopted, and implemented standards for coaches
* Improvement in the coordination, visibility, and prioritization of product release across all teams
* Active efforts towards a transition of every mission team in the org to be operating within a version of our standard workflow
* An objectively positive influence on our engineering and product culture
* Known as a trusted mentor, advisor and coach for our engineering and product organization
* You seek a deeper understanding of how Honey works and you’re fascinated by complex organizational challenges and seek ways to connect the dots between practical and theoretical knowledge
* You have the capacity to imagine how the world looks to others and to build bonds of trust even in difficult circumstances
* You are committed to learning, honest self-examination and open feedback from others
* You are willing to fail and to invest in doing whatever it takes to grow into an exceptional performer
* Have past experience as an Agile Coach, Technical Product/Program Manager, Release Manager, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager/Director (preferably for a cross-functional team)
* Have Technical and product knowledge to speak intelligently with the engineering and product team on challenges and areas of improvements
* Have Influential and coaching skills to lead change without authority and be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.