Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Backend Engineer
About the Team:
The Engineering team works on a combination of backend development, databases, microservices, and is constantly developing new features. We all work for each other and have an emphasis on helping one another. We get to solve complex problems all while using good, modern technology.
* We use Node.js, but we'd prefer that you have at least 5+ years of experience with a functional backend language (Python, Ruby, Java, PHP etc)
* Familiar with HTTP-based APIs best practices and creating monitoring tools for them
* Comfort or a desire in using Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience in writing code, deploying applications, and debugging your applications in production
* Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
* Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
* Exposure to Express, Redis, MySQL/PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, or Google Cloud Platform a plus
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.