Stop wasting money – Honey finds you the Internet's best discount codes
Senior Data Engineer
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Data Engineer at Honey, you will:
* Implement machine learning models to production
* Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability
* Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications
* Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance
* Design and implement data pipelines that handle a thousand messages per second streaming
* 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required
* 5+ years architecting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores. We use Big Table/HBase, Spark, Dataflow, Spanner, BigQuery, and Elasticsearch, but if you have experience using Hive, Hadoop, or Pig that works too!
* Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request- cycle queries
* Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
* Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
* Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
Beginning in January 2020 we will be offering an FSA for all employees who choose to participate.
Our dental plan covers 50 - 100% of expenses depending on the procedure.
Life insurance is equal to 1X times an employee's annual salary.
Disability insurance covers 66% of annual salary.
Honey matches 100% up to 3% of employee contributions.
Honey is Restricted Stock Units to anyone who joins the team. Vesting occurs over a 4 year period with a 1-year cliff of 25%.
Honey's team fitness initiatives include In-office yoga, In-office fitness classes, sponsored race teams.
Job training & conferences
Honey offers employees professional development opportunities like Onsite training courses, The ability to attend job related conferences and seminars.
Lunch and learns
Honey hosts lunch and learn meetings weekly.
Honey at a glance
Honey focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Retail, Marketplaces, and Coupons. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Boulder, London, and Santa Barbara. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.