Project Manager£24k – £30k
Homewings is a young, tech and innovation focused company that is the one-stop-shop destination for any property host, landlord or operator to get their property designed, furnished and installed. We have designed and delivered 1000’s of rooms across the UK and Europe, with projects ranging from single apartments to buildings with 200 units. We are a team of interior designers, project managers, procurement specialists and operational whizzes who team together to deliver great designs, great products and a seamless delivery and installation. Our proprietary tech platform allows us to deliver these services more efficiently and effectively, and makes it easy for our clients to collaborate with us and oversee their projects.
Our headquarters are in London, but you’d be joining a young and international team with various people and projects being located in other European cities.
You will report into the Head of Design Operations and work closely with the interior designer(s) on your projects, our Operations & Logistics teams as well supporting the Sales team and collaborating directly with clients. You are typically involved in projects all the way from the planning phase, through to design, sourcing and ultimately installation. You will manage the day to day on your projects, coordinating and collaborating with all the other teams involved and ensure that the project meets its deadlines and other objectives related to client satisfaction, budget and profit margin. You will guide, support and manage the project team’s tasks and activities to ensure the effective delivery of the project and ensure that the client has a great experience and project result. You prepare/assess the project brief, the required documentation and information and ensure that all involved are clear on their responsibilities and timelines, while managing the client and their expectations throughout. You will often be required on site in the installation phase of the project, as well as in the preparatory phase to assess the site and design requirements. Travel for projects to oversee progress and for installation will be required.
- Review the project plans, brief, supporting information and specifications, flag potential issues, risks and information gaps
- Preparation of the project schedule
- Prepare the project budget and final brief for internal teams
- Coordinate with Sales, Design, Operations and Procurement teams to ensure that everyone is clear on tasks, deadlines and other requirements
- Oversee all teams’ deliverables to ensure deadlines and budget/cost targets are met in line with the project schedule and budget
- Communicate with internal teams to facilitate coordination
- Raise and discuss potential issues with the relevant teams so that risks can be mitigated timely
- Communicate with the client to keep them informed throughout, manage expectations and solve potential issues as required
- Monitor the installation and run the site sign off process with the client
- Manage client relationships and support with after care or follow on projects
- Collate final project budget and oversee the creation of reconciled client invoices
- Ensure project feedback and learnings are gathered and shared internally for each project
*Skills and competencies *
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple project streams at once
- Strong client communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and ability to deal with stressful situations
- Planning and project budgeting skills, including strong familiarity with use of excel
- Ability to effectively use project management tools such as gantt charts and task and accountability management tools
- Strong drive to perform, with a proven ability to be resourceful and work independently without constant supervision
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organisations and vendors/third party service providers
- At least a basic understanding of the interior design process, from conceptual and interior design elements to construction documents/specifications and administration, to installation
- Ability to read and interpret floorplans, and ideally to edit floorplans as well as needed with programs such as CAD, Vectorworks or Sketchup
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Recognised project management qualification
- Good to have: CSCS card
Hours and package
- Hours - Full time, but part-time / flexibility can be discussed
- Salary - Based on experience, between £24-30K
- Incentive package - Includes performance related bonus
- Location - London (although partial remote working can be considered)
IS THIS YOU?
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role. We are looking forward to hearing from you!