Head of Engineering and Software Architecture // Co-Founder$10k – $25k • 10.0% – 25.0%
Homestretch is uniquely positioned to disrupt the Real Estate industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages, and deep market expertise and relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience for our yet to be disclosed target market. Please reply to this posting for additional information.
Homestretch is looking for an experienced technology leader and Co-Founder to build our platform and set the technical direction for our venture. The Head of Engineering will be responsible for delivery of the product and business, including the design of technical architecture, building the engineering team, and maintaining continuity between the venture and contracted engineering resources. They will work closely with the CEO on product and design to ensure dependencies are addressed and blockers are dealt with.
What You’ll Do:
Technical Leadership and Project Management
• Oversee all aspects of the engineering organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, and best practices and technology stacks
• Engage with technical partners and stakeholders to navigate challenges and identify risks and opportunities for the company
• Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack
• Work closely with the CEO to own the architecture and component strategy
• Collaborate on the product roadmap and actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and management of releases
• Provide expert technical thought-partnership to the CEO
• Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and operations
• Manage the technology and vendor selection processes supporting build-buy-partner decisions
• Identify risks and opportunities for the venture
• Set the table for a culture to support a vibrant and productive engineering team
• Coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to ensure consistency and continued excellence
• Oversee IT spend and financial reporting
• 3+ years of experience of building large-scale digital products within a high growth environment
• 3+ years in developing solution architecture for digital product development and complex (enterprise) system integration projects
• Proven ability to set technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from ideation to launch to scale; Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
• Experience in establishing product sustainability (e.g. disaster recovery, business continuity plan, etc.)
• Hands on skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages
• Experience with building scalable and reusable service-based architectures including APIs, serverless, and microservices frameworks
• Experience with data streaming, ETL and messaging/integration platforms and frameworks like Apache Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Redshift etc.
• Experience with backend/platform engineering, scaling performance engineering, security, Disaster Recovery, etc.
• Experience building complex API integrations with multiple SaaS, BaaS and Legacy Enterprise service bus integrations.
• Strong understanding of information security and regulatory compliance (PCI, PII, and/or HIPAA)
• Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services
• Experience with following is a plus: API Gateways, React, Serverless, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Cloudformation/Terraform
• A demonstrated history of accountability and performance delivery, leading teams to meet or exceed objectives.
• Firm grasp of organizational dynamics and decision-making
• A very strong track record of collaborating across business divisions including IT
• A consistent record of rolling out digital products following Agile methodologies and different investment models
• Proven ability to build and lead a high-performing, innovative team
• Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
• Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
• Excellent social, writing, and verbal communication skills
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
Homestretch at a glance
Homestretch focuses on Real Estate Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.google.com/