Sell your home faster and for more money
Business Operations Manager- Closing Services
HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
Who You Are
You are an analytically-minded business athlete eager to take on a role that would position you to make a huge impact at a high-growth tech startup. You have a demonstrated history of successful project execution across various functions in an organization, including operations, engineering, sales and senior management.
Closing services is at the heart of the home buying and selling experience. The experience is slow and in desperate need of disruption. HomeLight is building the first successful national home-purchase settlement services franchise and is seeking the strongest operational and analytical minds to build data-driven operations.
What You’ll do
- Work directly with HomeLight’s executive team to build, optimize, and run scalable processes and product improvements to improve the company’s core profitability
- Make recommendations to ensure our staff is able to support our planned business/sales growth including HomeLight Home Loans, Cash Close, and Simple Sale
- Engage directly with our agents in order to receive feedback and brainstorm ways to improve our agent experience while ensuring quality control of any data product enhancements
- Manage the process of planning out and executing new cross-functional projects involving various HomeLight stakeholders
- Create analyses, metrics, and dashboards to monitor business performance as needed to support the optimization of HomeLight’s national title and escrow business
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- 4+ years professional work experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking or a high-growth tech company
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Strong Excel skills
- Desire to take initiative, comfort with change and ambiguity
- Ability to manage, track and prioritize a large number of tasks
- Great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse groups, including senior management, sales and engineering
- Familiarity with SQL or any other form of database querying language required
- MBA degree a plus
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!