Sell your home faster and for more money
Director of Settlement Services
About HomeLight HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform. About the Position We are looking for a title and escrow operations rockstar. You will oversee the day to day escrow and title insurance operations of a high volume, multi state purchase escrow and title insurance agency. This is a hands on operations role in a fast paced environment. While you keep the trains running and on time across multiple locations in multiple states, you will also help craft the settlement services company of the future by hiring the best people in the business and equipping them with the best technology stack to deliver the escrow experience we all want but that doesn’t exist yet. Your knowledge of both escrow and title will help us deliver a next generation service offering that will be the best settlement company in the nation. *Essential Duties and Responsibilities *
- Support the day to day operations of multiple branch offices operating in multiple states doing purchase escrows and title insurance. You will be talking with consumers, agents and underwriters daily and provide guidance to agents and consumers on all aspects of escrow and title.
- Enhance HomeLight’s reputation by creating new and improved processes to create a first rate settlement company of the future.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of company policies and procedures, escrow rules and regulations across multiple state boundaries.
- Create quarterly/annual personal development plans, coaching, feedback and written counseling if needed for escrow teams
- Work with our technology teams to scope the future of settlement services using the very latest tools.
- Create successful partnerships with our Title Insurance underwriting partners
- Support the branches in maintaining a high level of service and satisfaction to clients
- Constantly update your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining social media networks and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain high standard of confidentiality *Experience/Qualifications *
- 5 to 10 years escrow or title experience with detailed knowledge of the escrow and title process
- Exceptional technical proficiency with escrow and title software. You know the systems so well, that the vendors want your input on how we should configure them.
- You are comfortable working across state lines and understand the regional differences for many geographies.
- You have exceptional knowledge of title insurance products with deep understanding of the coverage afforded by different products such as; standard policies, extended coverage policies, limited coverage policies, other guarantees, various endorsements, and can identify extra hazardous risks
- You can examine complex title orders to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
- The ability to research and interpret court proceedings, probate cases, bankruptcy filings, plats and surveys
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required Accountability
- You believe you have what it takes to create the settlement services agency of the future.
- You are accountable for revenue, increasing the client base, budgets, cost control, profits and sales
- The ability to assess and coach other employees to improve their processes and performance.
- Develop clear and concise goals and growth plans for multiple offices in multiple geographies.
- You love to win.
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!
You'll receive medical, dental, and vision benefits to keep you in tip top shape.
Our parental leave policy includes time for new parents to bond with their baby. We also reimburse childcare for a date night each quarter so parents can take time to reconnect.
Fully stocked kitchen
We provide a variety of healthy snacks and beverages so you can focus on great work.
We provide reimbursement for monthly wellness activities and organize office-wide quarterly group wellness events.
Our offices in San Francisco, Phoenix and Seattle are centrally located, close to public transportation, spacious and fun.
Enjoy team events from happy hours to poker nights that help us bond and grow together.
Work life balance
Sometimes staying energized means getting away for a bit. Our PTO program helps you take the time you need to recharge. After reaching your 4th work anniversary, we'll encourage you to take a sabbatical leave for an opportunity to refresh.