Full-stack deep learning platform
Product Manager$100k – $140k • 0.0% – 0.05%
Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
Product Manager Role
In order to execute this vision, we need talented product managers who can work effectively across all disciplines to build, launch, and iterate. Success in this role means building a product that is used by millions where you are responsible for shaping the vision, direction, and process to make that happen. The ideal candidate is a constant learner, has a honed intuition, and the analytical prowess to support your intuition with data.
• Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
• Gain deep understanding of our enterprise customers’ needs
• Mock up concepts, write specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to ship your products
• Work closely with teams comprised of engineers, designers, sales, and play a critical role in planning of projects to ensure the timely delivery of quality products and features
• Help teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans, and track progress against those plans
• Work with teams to drive alignment, remove blockers, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints throughout project lifecycles
• Facilitate the resolution of timing conflicts, project collisions, and resourcing constraints, and identify and remove bottlenecks
• Work with leadership to determine top priorities and ensure development work reflects those priorities
• Communicate plans, status, risks (and mitigations) to all stakeholders, escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
• Measure engineering velocity, and help identify and establish new best practices to improve the speed at which projects are delivered
• Hold yourself and team members accountable to timelines
• BA / BS, preferably in computer science or a related technical field
• A track record of building web products, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
• You have technical experience with any of the following: data, analytics, design or engineering
• Technical depth that lets you understand tradeoffs and ask engineers insightful questions about architecture and product decisions alike
• Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
• Experience working with engineering, design, and customers in enterprise software or related technical fields
• Experience leading a team, and effectively implementing team goals and deadlines
• Detail oriented; organized; collaborative; hands onExceptionally clear and precise communication skills
• Self-starter, capable of staying on track while pursuing solutions with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• You are comfortable with — and can thrive in — an environment that is constantly changing, frequently uncertain, and at times chaotic
• You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
• Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Our benefits include competitive pay, equity, health / vision / dental insurance, catered lunch and dinner, and a corporate gym membership.
Thank you for your interest in Hive.
Hive at a glance
Hive focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Hive has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.