Full-stack deep learning platform
Frontend Engineer$90k – $120k • 0.0% – 0.05%
Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
The Frontend Role
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. This is an opportunity to execute on products that reach tens of millions of users daily. The ideal candidate is a strong independent worker, but also a flexible teammate who will do what it takes to get the job done. Aside from having a solid technical foundation, you are passionate about the work you do and refuse to put out anything but your best.
• Build robust, high performance, and scalable applications
• Work with the design and product teams to develop new features that are focused on user experience
• Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
• Look for opportunities to improve team efficiency and work with your team to implement improvements
• You have at least 1 year of experience working in web development
• You have experience working with 3rd party APIs and libraries
• You have a good grasp of React and Redux (or similar frameworks) and the concepts behind it
• You are capable of creating beautiful web products and have good UX sensibilities
• You are eager to learn new technologies and share your knowledge with your teammates
• You are receptive to feedback and always looking for opportunities to sharpen your skills
• You have excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
• You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Our benefits include competitive pay, equity, health / vision / dental insurance, catered lunch and dinner, and a corporate gym membership.
Thank you for your interest in Hive.
Hive at a glance
Hive focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Hive has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.