Full-stack deep learning platform
Public Relations Associate$50k – $70k • 0.0% – 0.1%
Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
Public Relations Associate Role
Hive is looking for an energetic and motivated Public Relations Associate. We are looking for an eager graduate who is looking to learn and help build our public image.You will work closely with the CEO and COO to craft a tailored PR strategy for Hive and our machine learning platform, Hive AI. You will take part in defining the company’s public relations strategy and help execute it through strategic media outreach and creative content development. You will be an integral member of the team and work closely with our leadership, marketing, and product management teams to develop PR strategies, stories and other initiatives that propel our brands. Our PR team in San Francisco will be expected to execute at a global scale given the global reach of our products.
The PR Associate will be responsible for identifying opportunities to build brand presence for Hive. The PR Associate will be on the front lines managing communications and building a media network. The ideal candidate approaches work with the mentality that there is no task too small or too large to tackle, and knows how to position a brand to the public. You will be the driving force behind our future growth and our company’s image.
• Work closely with our CEO and COO to define our public relations strategy for Hive
• Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials, including media lists, pitches, press releases, blog posts, award entries, and social media posts etc.
• Identify reporters, potential clients, and industry contacts and build relationships
• Draw on contacts to generate articles and media buzz about Hive
• Initiate media coverage for Hive through original and engaging industry events
• Dedicate your focus to scaling Hive into a company with robust media presence
• Analyze media coverage and PR campaign performance for company-wide reporting and increased awareness
• Represent HIve at events and tradeshows
• You have a BA / BS degree from a 4-year university. Minimum 3.5 GPA
• You have 0-2 years experience at a PR agency working for startups
• You have a proven ability to work 60+ hour work weeks
• You have demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• You thrive speaking in public and can represent Hive in the highest professional light
• You are passionate about startups and learning about a variety of different industries, ranging from enterprise to consumer products
• You take initiative to direct your own days, identify worthwhile projects, and take actionable steps to accomplish goals
• You are energetic, resourceful, and do what it takes to get the job done
• You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
• You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Our benefits include competitive pay, equity, health / vision / dental insurance, catered lunch and dinner, and a corporate gym membership.
Thank you for your interest in Hive.
Hive at a glance
Hive focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Hive has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.