Full-stack deep learning platform
UI/UX Designer$60k – $100k • 0.0% – 0.05%
Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
You’ll be expected to own your space: work with all disciplines on your team to build, launch and iterate. You will work closely with the product team to conceptualize and execute on designs to solve problems for our products. This is a very rare opportunity that will put you in the position of total ownership of whole product from design perspective without the risk of starting your own company. Every designer at Hive has responsibility of a whole product, although we encourage the team to provide feedback to each other.
You are a talented designer who consistently delivers visuals and interactions of highest quality on timelines that would be unrealistic for many others. You take pride in your creative vision, execution and communication skills. You are a strong individual contributor, but also a team player. You enjoy taking ownership of full products, and are stifled by large design organizations.
You get a rush from seeing your designs live in the real world.
• Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
• Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
• Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
• 1+ year of experience designing consumer and mobile products
• Had ownership of many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
• Biased toward action and execution. You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work
• Great communication skills that help you work with product and engineering to make product visions come to life
• Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
• You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us
Nice to Have:
• Work experience at a leading consumer technology company like Uber, Airbnb, Houzz, Square etc.
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Our benefits include competitive pay, equity, health / vision / dental insurance, catered lunch and dinner, and a corporate gym membership.
Thank you for your interest in Hive.
Hive at a glance
Hive focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Hive has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.