Full-stack deep learning platform
Software Engineer - Android₹12L – ₹25L
Hive is a full-stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era. We take complex visual challenges and build custom machine learning models to solve them. For AI to work, companies need large volumes of high quality training data. We generate this data through Hive Data, our proprietary data labeling platform with over 500,000 globally distributed workers, generating millions of high quality pieces of data per day. We then use this training data to build machine learning models for verticals such as Media, Autonomous Driving, Security, and Retail. Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data. Together, we build solutions that incorporate AI into their businesses to completely transform industries.
We are fortunate that investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, 8VC, and others see Hive’s potential to be groundbreaking in AI business solutions. We have over 100 rock stars globally in our San Francisco and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the AI revolution!
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for talented Android developers who will thrive in an autonomous engineering-driven environment. You will take ownership of a product and have the ability to shape product direction. You should have an eye for intuitive user experiences, and the ability to execute on any task. We hire engineers into each of our product teams.
• Design and develop a delightful Android application for our users with java, with a focus on simplicity of use and high-performance
• Write product-independent code and design modular APIs to be used across all of our products
• Work across disciplines with team members from front-end, backend, design, and product
• Help ensure we’re bug-free by writing unit-tests, and regularly communicating with our QA team
• Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
• You attended a top university, studying computer science or similar
• You understand the ins and outs of RESTful web services
• You have great communication skills and ability to work with others
• Strong development skills with Java and the Android SDK
• You have an understanding of MVP and / or MVVM
• You have experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications on top of RESTful APIs
• You have fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem solving
• You have experience shipping quickly and often, while still maintaining test coverage
• You are a team player - no job is too small or too big!
• If you have experience developing location-aware mobile applications, that is a plus!
What We Offer You
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary machine learning company. At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and a chance to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI startups in San Francisco. The work you will do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of Hive.
Thank you for your interest in joining Hive.
Hive at a glance
Hive focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Hive has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.