Helping ecommerce brands send better email (YC S14)
Full-Stack Software Developer$65k – $85k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Hive is an email marketing CRM used by brands to personalize and automate their campaigns. We pride ourselves on helping brands understand their email marketing, all while selling more and keeping their customers engaged.
We integrate with tech partners like Shopify and Eventbrite to let brands act on all their data, so they can easily segment their list in thousands of ways, and send more customized, timely email campaigns that land in inboxes.
We started our company inside a University of Waterloo computer lab in early 2014, graduated from Y Combinator that summer (S14 batch) and have been growing ever since. You’ll join our engineering team in Kitchener (hive.co/careers).
We’re looking for someone who’s excited about building and shipping their own software, which provides our clients with “email marketing superpowers” - enabling workflows, insight, and driving revenue based on customer behaviour - things previously accessible to only the most advanced marketing departments inside massive companies.
What a typical week may look like at Hive:
• Contribute to our roadmap directly, by collaborating with our entire team to take customer feedback and quickly identify and prioritize new product ideas each week
• Own new features you choose to work on, as you architect and build them based directly on customer needs and input from product, design, and engineering team members
• Whiteboarding to brainstorm and discuss ways to solve scaling problems as usage continues to grow - quickly
• Contribute to internal tooling to make our small but mighty engineering team even mightier!
• Work directly with our customer success team to identify, triage, and solve bugs using loads of metrics and debugging tools
• We built a state-based pipeline to send millions of personalized emails every day, while maximizing deliverability and reducing spam complaints based on real-time feedback from email providers like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo.
• We designed and built a simple intuitive interface to let our clients easily query their own customer data. Behind the scenes, it executes queries against billions of data points across different types of databases and combines the results together in seconds.
• Using Kubernetes and Docker, we re-built the infrastructure and tooling that powers our background task processing system, which runs billions of jobs every day. We’re able to dynamically scale up and down our total processing capacity automatically based on workload - which means things execute faster for our clients, we save loads of money on idle servers, and our engineers can sleep at night.
• You’ve built things in the past you’re proud of, and you’re passionate about building things. You’re excited by solving problems, often using new technologies.
• Experience building web applications using some sort of frontend framework (like React) and backend framework (like Django or Rails). * Experience with other frameworks is cool too!
• Experience interacting with data stored in various types of databases (like MySQL, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch). Experience with other databases is cool too!
• Experience working with others on a shared codebase using source control (like Git). You might have a great CS or Engineering degree, or something else, or you dropped out, or you didn't even go to school! Our team is made up of all kinds of smart people.
• Proficiency with Python and Django
• Proficiency with React and Redux
Bottom line... We're looking for curious, hardworking, down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping brands build enduring relationships with their customers. You'll be well taken care of: meaningful equity, salary, and the benefits you need to be happy and healthy. We're looking for someone to join our team early 2021!
TO APPLY: Send your resume along with a little bit about yourself and why you want to work here to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet your team
So you can stress less and prioritize your health.
Know you're gaining ownership of what you contribute to daily.
Taking breaks is important to reset and recharge.
Bring in Fido to meet the team.
Monthly team bonding
Take a break and get to know the team a little better.
Contribute on timelines that work with your lifestyle.