Pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic
Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 300+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
Hinge Health software engineers work on small interdisciplinary teams focused on different parts of the user journey. Full-Stack engineers contribute to their team’s success by building and extending secure, scalable services and exposing clear, well-tested APIs that power beautiful client applications. In addition to contributing to valuable new features, software engineers pay down tech debt, spike on novel solutions, and share responsibility for healthy live site operation.
Our tech stack: Aptible, AWS, GraphQL, Postgres, Rails, Node, Nest, React, ReactNative, Redis, Redux, and Typescript. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll tackle small-grained problems in an Agile red/green/refactor workflow.
- Every sprint, you’ll build, test and deploy complete, meaningful features.
- Every month, you’ll level up a couple skills on the professional development plan you and your manager detailed together.
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap.
- Every so often, you’ll be moved to tears by customer testimonials expressing the profound direct impact your work had on their life.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Consistent, on-time, high-quality delivery of fine-grained work
- Domain Expertise: Familiarity with web frameworks like Rails, Express, Django, or serverless solutions (Jamstack/FaaS)
- Problem Solving: Track record of resourceful, iterative solutions and deftly reversible decisions.
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility.
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- Daily catered lunches
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional development budget
- Monthly fitness/gym reimbursement
- Annual mental wellness benefit
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
When applying, please share a link to your portfolio. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medical, dental, vision, mental wellness stipend
3 months of parental leave
Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
Professional Development budget
Opportunity to join a talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s growth
Flexible work environment
Work from home policy
Hinge Health at a glance
Hinge Health focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Fitness, Corporate Wellness, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Portland, London, and Minneapolis. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Hinge Health has raised $126.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.