Pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic
User Research Lead
Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching, physical therapy, and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we are poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 450+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a User Research Lead to grow our foundational research function. This researcher will bring deep user empathy and help plan, create, and improve our current and future product and service experiences to improve our users’ health journeys. The User Research Lead will provide insights and understanding that empowers Hinge Health to create new offerings and therapies to bring the most value to our users. Specifically, the individual will conduct impactful generative, formative, evaluative research studies that enable Product and Design teams to work with new insights and make more confidently informed decisions. As the first person hired to focus on user research you will grow a research team in 2021.
The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting various methods of user experience research, with very strong communication and collaboration skills. An astute researcher with a strong track record and mix of qualitative and quantitative research that impacts a diverse and complex product mix. Someone with a strong grasp of user research literacy to effectively translate and communicate findings into product and design recommendations & decisions. The right candidate will be knowledgeable about UX, UI, and service design; passionate about user empathy; comfortable in a flat, dynamic, fast-growing, and agile organization; and motivated by Hinge Health’s mission to measurably and significantly improve the health and lives of our members.
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Identify high-value research areas; propose and plan research initiatives for generative, formative, and evaluative purposes
- Uplevel our thinking and our understanding; generate key insights and bring more user input to guide R&D teams in product planning, design, and development
- Contribute understanding that helps us continuously improve our ability to help our users with our products and services
- Consult, advise, evangelize, and educate; bring more user research benefits across the company and amplify knowledge across multiple teams
- Extend your reach by working with colleagues in other disciplines to plan, conduct, and draw insights from research activities
- Play a key role in defining and creating the most patient-centered digital clinic
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- An experienced researcher with a strong track record in user research
- Command of broad set of qualitative and user centered research and design methodologies
- Solid understanding of quantitative research, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts; comfortable deriving insights from data and observations
- Experience in testing to support the concept generation, design, and development of mobile applications; experience with hardware a strong plus
- Strong track record of hands-on role in planning and leading research of various types
- Experience in leading the planning and research work done by other researchers and/or agencies
- Knowledge of best practices in user research and a passion for learning, growing and trying new approaches
- Experience in planning and leading research with broadly diverse user populations
- Testing with multilingual populations
- Have built or managed a team of researchers
- Experience in health, medical, fitness, and/or wellness spaces
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medical, dental, vision, mental wellness stipend
3 months of parental leave
Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
Professional Development budget
Opportunity to join a talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s growth
Flexible work environment
Work from home policy
Hinge Health at a glance
Hinge Health focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Fitness, Corporate Wellness, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Portland, London, and Minneapolis. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Hinge Health has raised $126.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2020.