Helping retail & hourly employers find, screen, and hire better employees faster
Sales Development Rep @ Growing YC Company!$25k – $55k • 0.025% – 0.1%
Are you looking to disrupt a stagnant industry with some cool technology? Want to work with some A-players who have real experience building a multi-million dollar business? Are you a crazy hard worker with a passion for the startup lifestyle?
We’d love to tell you more about HigherMe – our recruiting platform is going to revolutionize the way retail and restaurant employers find, screen, and hire their employees.
We’re looking for a scrappy salesperson that wants to work for a fun, agile startup disrupting an old and boring industry.
This is a targetted role in developing and generating new business for our senior executive team.
Our industry is unique in that it's decentralized - we have the ability to sell to an individual restaurant, and then work our way up the chain to management and ownership.
In an average week, you'll be approaching restaurant/retail/franchise owners, in person and on the phone, selling individual locations access to our platform.
You'll also help develop relationships with the parent companies of those individual locations - imagine selling an individual Chick-fil-A's franchisee, and then working your way up the chain to sell to all of that franchisee's locations.
What we do
HigherMe helps retail & restaurant employers find better employees faster. Using matching algorithms and video, our recruitment platform helps managers find, screen, and hire employees. Applicants record a 30-second video pitch to showcase their personality, and our analytics help screen the best candidates.
This role will involve:
- Calling prospective restaurant and retail locations
- Visiting prospective restaurant and retail locations
- Qualifying sales Opportunities and booking demos
- Business development work within key franchise brands and target verticals to cultivate relationships with larger operators and systems
- Following up with prospects and keeping them engaged in the educational process to drive the right buying behaviors
- Variable base salary + commission incentive structure (+ options)
We're looking for:
- A super-crazy extroverted person who is right at home cold-calling or cold-visiting 100 companies in a day and hearing "No" 80% of the time
- Someone with a passion, energy and readiness to go above and beyond to crush targets/quotas which will be directly rewarded through uncapped commissions.
- Someone with a unique approach to targeting the right decision makers, and utilizing appropriate techniques and technology to accomplish this at scale
- Experience selling software of some kind to restaurants/retail in the past is a big plus (but not required)
- Experience working at a restaurant is a plus (but not required)
- This would also be a great role for someone with "campus rep" experience who can use a bright, charming personality to get new prospects interested
- Someone who welcomes feedback and coaching, and who is ready to continually learn. This attitude is critical for success!
Our headquarters is right in downtown Toronto, Canada, but we hope to grow a Sales Development Rep team in other areas around the US and Canada and we can't wait to meet you!
Meet your team
HigherMe at a glance
HigherMe focuses on Marketplaces, Recruiting, Part Time Jobs, and Hr Tech. Their company has offices in Boston and Mountain View. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, HigherMe has raised $1.62M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.