We use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human
Head of Enterprise Product Management
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Drift has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role
Our product organization is built of dozens of small, autonomous teams who work to solve customer problems. Each team has a PM, a Product Designer, and three Engineers, and owns an entire product themselves.
As a Product Management leader for our Enterprise team, you will lead at least 4-6 of these teams with several Product Managers reporting to you. You will get in the weeds with the teams to make sure we’re building the right thing, while also stepping back and working with peers in product design and engineering leadership to ensure we have the systems, processes, and frameworks to execute consistently at scale.
You understand the challenges and opportunities of developing Enterprise products and can help our entire team embrace the learnings and principles you have developed in your career.
What you’ll be doing on the Product team at Drift:
- You’ll spend a lot of your time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your teams’ solutions solve a real problem for them.
- You’ll join pre and post sales calls with enterprise customers, understand their needs, and effectively translate that into missions for your teams.
- You’ll know the market cold. You’ll be an expert on Enterprise MarTech via your own research but also work with industry analysts to help develop your POV.
- You’ll work with the founders and Product VPs to set the roadmap to deliver on the company’s vision to be “The Way That Businesses Buy From Businesses”.
- You’ll work with product design leadership to draft early concepts to foster customer development and validation.
- You’ll work with Product Marketing to position new product launches to generate awareness, demand, and revenue.
- You’ll help the entire leadership team shift their processes to be more compatible with developing SaaS software for large Enterprise companies.
- Your insights will influence the entire product direction, not only the teams who directly report to you.
- You’ll mentor several product managers who report to you, and help them to build great products and grow in their careers.
- You’ll dig into the weeds and help your product teams to execute when needed.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have experience building products in B2B Enterprise SaaS for 3+ years, Marketing or Sales products a plus.
- You have 10+ years of software product management experience, 3+ as a manager/leader
- You have led a product management team or group of at least 3 designers and scaled through individual growth and hiring
- You have built and launched innovative and differentiated products with resulting revenue over $10M
- You are experienced in leading product strategy processes, conducting analyst briefs, contributing on enterprise sales calls, developing product roadmaps, and executing product development processes.
You have excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive stakeholders, participating in the sales process, and handling sensitive customer escalations.
You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets
You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
You are detail oriented and organized.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health, dental and vision plans
At Drift we offer employees and their families top of the line health insurance to ensure that they are taken care of outside of the office.
At Drift we want to support anyone starting or growing their families. Primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of fully paid leave with a 4-week Return to Work Program, and our secondary caregivers receive 4 weeks of fully paid leave.
We grant stock options because we believe every employee should be an owner at Drift and share in the value we are creating together.
Drifters are offered a number of work from home days throughout the year to help simplify scheduling and ease the burden of commuting.
Every employee is given 15 PTO days in year one, and 20 days starting in year two.
Free, catered lunch - every day
Yes, every day!
We want to give employees as many tools as we can to continue to keep them healthy and active! This includes ClassPass and local gym discounts, in office workouts with Inner City Weightlifting, standing desks, and a Healthy Rewards program.
We offer Drifters multiple professional development opportunities including a Mentor Series, where external guests come in for fireside chats. Additionally, we hold in-office career development workshops multiple times a year for employees.
Every summer we take a few days as a team and head to Western Massachusetts for Camp Drift, an all company off-site at a summer camp filled with activities like zip-lining and canoeing, so that we could celebrate the summer and be together.
After three years every Drifter is entitled to a month long sabbatical to rejuvenate, gain knowledge and pursue their interests.
Dedicated diversity/inclusion staff
We continuously seek more diversity in our talent pool because we believe that true innovation reflects varying perspectives, skills, and backgrounds.
Everyone at Drift has a different style and we want you to bring that to work every day, so as long as you consider it appropriate for the workplace, you're good to go!
Drift at a glance
Drift focuses on Internet, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Sales Automation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, and Tampa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Drift has raised $107M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.