We use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the Role
As a Mid-Market Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing. We are passionate about putting customers first.
You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, product demonstrations, security reviews, implementation plans, and final close
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success to provide new customers with a seamless onboarding experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
By month 3 you'll
- Master the Drift platform and understand how to properly demo the relevant modules of it to different personas based on their use case(s)
- Full command our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience
- Grow into an integral part of our sales team helping customers overcome technical and security-related objections
- Passionate about customers extracting the most value out of Drift by sharing best practices for usage and adoption
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage) ****
- Make product and process improvement recommendations
By month 6 you'll
- Be a source of expertise for the SME sales team
- Drive complex deals from early sales stages through close within a fast-paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices and terminology
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer/ Solutions Consultant
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Hubspot
- If this role is remote, you will need to be open to traveling every quarter to Boston
- You are willing and able to both give and receive constructive feedback
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive.
- You are OK with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health, dental and vision plans
At Drift we offer employees and their families top of the line health insurance to ensure that they are taken care of outside of the office.
At Drift we want to support anyone starting or growing their families. Primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of fully paid leave with a 4-week Return to Work Program, and our secondary caregivers receive 4 weeks of fully paid leave.
We grant stock options because we believe every employee should be an owner at Drift and share in the value we are creating together.
Drifters are offered a number of work from home days throughout the year to help simplify scheduling and ease the burden of commuting.
Every employee is given 15 PTO days in year one, and 20 days starting in year two.
Free, catered lunch - every day
Yes, every day!
We want to give employees as many tools as we can to continue to keep them healthy and active! This includes ClassPass and local gym discounts, in office workouts with Inner City Weightlifting, standing desks, and a Healthy Rewards program.
We offer Drifters multiple professional development opportunities including a Mentor Series, where external guests come in for fireside chats. Additionally, we hold in-office career development workshops multiple times a year for employees.
Every summer we take a few days as a team and head to Western Massachusetts for Camp Drift, an all company off-site at a summer camp filled with activities like zip-lining and canoeing, so that we could celebrate the summer and be together.
After three years every Drifter is entitled to a month long sabbatical to rejuvenate, gain knowledge and pursue their interests.
Dedicated diversity/inclusion staff
We continuously seek more diversity in our talent pool because we believe that true innovation reflects varying perspectives, skills, and backgrounds.
Everyone at Drift has a different style and we want you to bring that to work every day, so as long as you consider it appropriate for the workplace, you're good to go!
Drift at a glance
Drift focuses on Internet, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Sales Automation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, and Tampa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Drift has raised $107M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.