We use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human
Account Executive, Enterprise
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Drive revenue by meeting and/or exceeding sales quota on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop and execute sales strategy with equal emphasis on net-new accounts and expansion of existing accounts
- Represent Conversational Marketing and Sales Software relative to the competition
- Forecast and report sales activity and metrics
- Develop comprehensive understanding of clients’ key business drivers
- Partner with Solution Architect team to deliver solutions for our clients and close new business
- Create high impact presentations designed to highlight additional value to clients
- Manage multiple buying contacts within prospective clients and formulation highly impactful organization-wide recommendations
- Formulate and present formal proposals
- Negotiate sound financial agreements which are solid business solutions for Drift and our clients
- Track sales activity in Salesforce.com and report information to management
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure superlative customer experience
- Work closely with Product Management and Product Marketing to help develop product requirements and the product roadmap in line with market requirements In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift solutions and value provided to our Enterprise customers
- Complete our in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Develop a regular meeting cadence with your Regional Director
- Meet with key players in the Customer Service, Product and Sales Operations teams
- Shadow a minimum of 10 prospect meetings with Enterprise sales colleagues
- Build out your strategic quarterly and annual territory plan
- Identify and target prospects similar to our most successful customers
- Draft your plan of attack for hitting your first quarterly quota By month 3 you'll
- Master Drift product and have a good understanding of the industry and competition
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide a best in class sales process
- Conduct deep research on priority accounts identified in your territory
- Develop a prospecting strategy for you and your BDR aiming for 5 demos per week
- Build pipeline through well-crafted prospecting messages and videos
- Build out strategic onsite agenda for cross functional sales meetings
- Determine your "Sales Math", your activity needed to generate the right amount of pipeline to hit or exceed your quota
- Determine you inbound and outbound prospecting mix strategy
- Prepare and present software demos and successfully guide prospects through the buying process
- Close your first deal By month 6 you'll
- Build and manage a strong pipeline of prospective customers and provide accurate sales forecast through Salesforce
- Drive complex, enterprise deals from initial contact through close within a fast paced environment
- Review Top Account close plans with Sales Director and identify potential gaps
- Exceed or on track of quarterly quota
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
- Set up time with your Sales Director to discuss your professional development interests
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- The ability to work remotely and travel to Drift's San Francisco office monthly
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 7+ years of enterprise B2B SaaS sales, ideally to leaders within the marketing and sales
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance, especially in a startup environment
- Excellent forecasting, reporting, and communication skills
- Extraordinary presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to interface to senior levels of an organization and develop productive C-level relationships
- Proven ability to lead an effective sales process and close new business
- Proactive territory management, prospecting, and ‘trailblazing’
- Smart, organized, self-motivated, flexible and team player
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow a business
- Experience selling a product for a category creator; products not budgeted for already
- Experience with working in a growing company vs. an established, known Enterprise brand
- Trained on MEDDIC and/or other Enterprise sales methodology
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other virtual selling tools such as Zoom, Webex and other comparable tool
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com
Health, dental and vision plans
At Drift we offer employees and their families top of the line health insurance to ensure that they are taken care of outside of the office.
At Drift we want to support anyone starting or growing their families. Primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of fully paid leave with a 4-week Return to Work Program, and our secondary caregivers receive 4 weeks of fully paid leave.
We grant stock options because we believe every employee should be an owner at Drift and share in the value we are creating together.
Drifters are offered a number of work from home days throughout the year to help simplify scheduling and ease the burden of commuting.
Every employee is given 15 PTO days in year one, and 20 days starting in year two.
Free, catered lunch - every day
Yes, every day!
We want to give employees as many tools as we can to continue to keep them healthy and active! This includes ClassPass and local gym discounts, in office workouts with Inner City Weightlifting, standing desks, and a Healthy Rewards program.
We offer Drifters multiple professional development opportunities including a Mentor Series, where external guests come in for fireside chats. Additionally, we hold in-office career development workshops multiple times a year for employees.
Every summer we take a few days as a team and head to Western Massachusetts for Camp Drift, an all company off-site at a summer camp filled with activities like zip-lining and canoeing, so that we could celebrate the summer and be together.
After three years every Drifter is entitled to a month long sabbatical to rejuvenate, gain knowledge and pursue their interests.
Dedicated diversity/inclusion staff
We continuously seek more diversity in our talent pool because we believe that true innovation reflects varying perspectives, skills, and backgrounds.
Everyone at Drift has a different style and we want you to bring that to work every day, so as long as you consider it appropriate for the workplace, you're good to go!
Drift at a glance
Drift focuses on Internet, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Sales Automation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, and Tampa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Drift has raised $107M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.