We use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human
Head of Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Office: Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, Tampa, FL or Remote
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
As the Head of Customer Lifecycle Marketing you will build the customer marketing strategy at Drift. You will be focused on the engagement of customers from onboarding through advocacy in tight alignment with the Demand Team to increase our customer engagement, retention and progression from purchase to advocacy.
You will be responsible for customer program execution that results in strong customer relationships and increased net dollar retention across the Drift customer base. You will help our customers do the best work of their lives, helping customers realize clear value from using Drift while translating this value into advocacy in the market that helps build Drift awareness. Drift is known for defining and building a category. In this role you will help fuel our growth by helping customers connect with other customers, build word of mouth, celebrate customer successes and ensure we have clear engagement across the customer lifecycle. You should be an excellent relationship builder and proven marketing leader driven by the opportunity to build measurable results both in customer love and revenue metrics.
As the Head of Customer Lifecycle Marketing, you will be working with the entire Marketing team and in close partnership with the Account Management, Renewal Specialist and Customer Success teams. You will report to the VP of Customer Experience.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles are remote until 2021. Post COVID. this role can be located remote or in one of our offices in Boston, Tampa, or San Francisco.
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product
- Spend time getting to know our customer personas and the value they expect to receive from Drift
- Learn Drift’s approach to building business engines, and apply your learnings to defining and building the customer marketing team and program at Drift
- Execute an analysis of companies we admire and how we can learn from best in class customer marketing, and document your learnings and recommendations
- Establish your goals and priorities for the quarter, along with a comprehensive 2020 Customer Content calendar and strategy
- Work with the marketing team to build a repeatable and scalable customer program that results in high customer engagement and conversion to advocacy
- Identify appropriate marketing technologies, systems and processes to ensure transparency and visibility to customer engagement, marketing materials and marketing touches with customers
By 3 months you’ll
- Deeply understand Conversational Marketing Strategy, Revenue Acceleration, the marketing technology industry and Drift’s Personas
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Meet at least 10 customers, and review at least 2 customer journeys from purchase through renewal to uncover where opportunities for deeper engagement through customer marketing could be established
- Create and launch your first program and first campaigns, and have posted your analysis on results
- Execute a gap analysis of where programs and content should exist across the customer lifecycle, and launch your first programs and offers addressing these gaps
- Develop ideas that help our customers feel loved while helping them build their success resulting in a steady flow of customer endorsements
By 6 months you’ll
- Establish repeatable engines for every key activity on your team
- Present to our Senior Leadership Team on the impact of Customer Lifecycle Marketing, and tie each piece of content back to tangible business results
- Help to build executive level customer engagements to increase engagement and awareness of the Drift value that translates into success for economic buyers and builds their success into customer advocates
- Create a strong funnel of customers who advocate on behalf of Drift
- Develop innovative new ideas to engage customers and showcase their unique stories.
By 1 Year you’ll
- Drive product enablement and new feature marketing campaigns to mobilize customer adoption, retention and growth.
- Have robust repeatable programs running in service to driving usage, education, excitement, establishing customer marketing as the retention and growth engine funnel for Drift.
- Create a strong pipeline of customer leads for a consistent cadence of customer references resulting in the best customer stories in the business
- Work with customers to help them engage throughout their adoption and usage journey not only with Drift but with each other, resulting in high customer satisfaction and advocacy within all marketing channels
- Own flawless execution, track and measure customer success, and report weekly and quarterly metrics and results
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 8+ years experience working in high impact Customer Lifecycle Marketing roles and delivering compelling results
- 6+ years demonstrated success in and driving successful customer engagements leading to customer advocacy and partnership
- 5+ years experience managing and building high impact product or customer marketing teams
- Track-record executing marketing campaigns that drive measurable results including conversion, retention, loyalty, cross-sell, upgrades and adoption
- Experience with enterprise Marketing Automation platforms, CRM, and in-product personalization tools
- Effective collaborator with track-record of implementing successful cross-functional lifecycle programs, including both frontline and product teams
- Experience collaborating effectively with both Sales and CS to deliver compelling customer assets
- You have range in your writing and creative skills, with experience creating for a strategic executive audience as well as tactical users. You can easily pivot in tone, production style and topics
- Experience in developing innovative and compelling presentations
- You have a proven track record of creating unique experiences. Your go-to is not a whitepaper. You learn to speak the language of your customers and generate offers and programs that are consumed at high rates
- You are not a complicator. You have a knack for being able to cut through the noise and package a clear and easy to understand thesis or message
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health, dental and vision plans
At Drift we offer employees and their families top of the line health insurance to ensure that they are taken care of outside of the office.
At Drift we want to support anyone starting or growing their families. Primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of fully paid leave with a 4-week Return to Work Program, and our secondary caregivers receive 4 weeks of fully paid leave.
We grant stock options because we believe every employee should be an owner at Drift and share in the value we are creating together.
Drifters are offered a number of work from home days throughout the year to help simplify scheduling and ease the burden of commuting.
Every employee is given 15 PTO days in year one, and 20 days starting in year two.
Free, catered lunch - every day
Yes, every day!
We want to give employees as many tools as we can to continue to keep them healthy and active! This includes ClassPass and local gym discounts, in office workouts with Inner City Weightlifting, standing desks, and a Healthy Rewards program.
We offer Drifters multiple professional development opportunities including a Mentor Series, where external guests come in for fireside chats. Additionally, we hold in-office career development workshops multiple times a year for employees.
Every summer we take a few days as a team and head to Western Massachusetts for Camp Drift, an all company off-site at a summer camp filled with activities like zip-lining and canoeing, so that we could celebrate the summer and be together.
After three years every Drifter is entitled to a month long sabbatical to rejuvenate, gain knowledge and pursue their interests.
Dedicated diversity/inclusion staff
We continuously seek more diversity in our talent pool because we believe that true innovation reflects varying perspectives, skills, and backgrounds.
Everyone at Drift has a different style and we want you to bring that to work every day, so as long as you consider it appropriate for the workplace, you're good to go!
Drift at a glance
Drift focuses on Internet, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Sales Automation, and Apps. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, and Tampa. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Drift has raised $107M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.