This is a community-generated profile. If you would like to claim it, please log in or sign up.
Hewlett-Packard hasn't added any jobs yet
Get notified when Hewlett-Packard posts new jobs.
Latest Stories and News
- 1 week ago
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced it has been awarded over $160 million to build a supercomputer called LUMI in Finland.
- LUMI will be funded by the European Joint Undertaking EuroHPC, a joint supercomputing collaboration between national governments and the European Union.
- The supercomputer will have a theoretical peak performance of more than 550 petaflops and is expected to best the RIKEN Center for Computational Science’s top-performing Fugaku petascale computer, which reached 415.5 petaflops in June 2020.
- HPE says that LUMI, which will be hosted at the Finnish IT Center for Science in Kajaani, Finland, will feature HPE Cray EX servers with AMD Epyc processors and AMD Instinct high-performance graphics cards. It will also use HPE’s Cray ClusterStor E1000 storage system and HPE Slingshot technology for networking, as well as liquid cooling capabilities to minimize electricity and water usage.
- 3 months ago
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise on Monday announced it plans to acquire SD-WAN player Silver Peak for $925 million. HPE said Silver Peak will be combined with its Aruba business unit to bolster its position in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market.
- Silver Peak's SD-WAN products aim to help enterprises and service providers migrate to SD-WAN connectivity, improve application performance and lower costs.
- HPE posits that demand for SD-WAN services will continue to rise with the ongoing remote work trend and influx of IoT devices on enterprise networks. HPE said integrating Silver Peak's capabilities with Aruba's edge services platform will help the company ramp up its edge-to-cloud strategy and its focus on a distributed cloud model.