Medication is hard. Hero makes it easy
Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
Do you like taking things apart and figuring out what is wrong with them? Are you organized and detail-oriented? We are looking for a Mechanical Technician who will own and drive returns processing and root cause investigations. The Mechanical Technician will tear down Hero devices to determine what went wrong in the field and feed back this information to Operations, Quality and Engineering to improve our quality and customer experience. You will also lead the repair and refurbishment of these units. We are looking for someone who is good with their hands, has mechanical competency and is very well organized, diligent and willing to learn.
What you will do:
- Receive units from customer complaints or returns, and debug the units to determine what broke.
- Escalate to Engineering when a new issue is found, and work with engineering to learn what went wrong.
- Write reports on failures observed and feed back information to Engineering, Operations and Quality.
- Run experiments and tests for Engineering to help test solutions to problems found, record data, and write reports on the results.
- Keep all returns categorized and organized, ready for repair and refurbishment.
- Lead the efforts of our Contract Manufacturer to repair and test refurbished units
- Work with Engineering to write procedures on how to repair the failure modes found.
- Responsible for work area set-up, job staging, maintenance, cleanup and tear-down
- A minimum of a high school diploma. Preferentially at least 3 years of experience with electromechanical systems.
- Attention to detail and good mechanical feel and comfort working with mechanical systems, including experience with basic hand tools.
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks, including lifting 20 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, mechanical drawings and sketches.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required
- Ability to closely follow oral and written work instructions and rules, and effectively communicate with multiple departments in a fast moving, fast growing company
- Computer skills, including writing reports in Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Experience operating in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) environment is a plus
Health, dental and vision insurance
Your health is important to us, considering we built an entire company dedicated to health
Well-being is what we are all about, so we don’t just provide solid vacation time, we actually take it.
Whether you’re doing Whole30, Keto, or anything in between, we got you covered with plenty of treats.
We promise that our team events will make for great content that you’ll want to post on your Insta.
We need your mental energy focused on how to make hard things look easy - not on how to pay your next bill.
Hero at a glance
Hero focuses on Healthcare, Services, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Hero has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.