Scalable AI for Autonomous Driving
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop and tune drivers for sensors and actuators on consumer-grade vehicles
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets
- Integrate Helm software into OEM middleware
- Design and implement bench testing frameworks for Helm software
- Work closely with AV engineers and Research engineers to deploy AI software to embedded devices
- Lead efforts to design and follow functional safety best practices
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has significant experience with C++ and QNX in an automotive (or related) context
- Has general experience with embedded systems development
- Has general experience with CUDA and TensorRT in an embedded context
- Is located in the SF Bay Area; Austin, TX; or can work remotely
- Has a bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Has at last 5 years of professional experience in systems engineering
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more
- The exciting environment of a fast growing tech startup
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance options
- Assorted perks, including: daily in-office free dinner, gym-membership stipend, yearly company retreats (post-COVID), 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come as we scale the team
Please apply using the link below.
Subsidized health insurance
Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
Daily free dinner
We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
Yearly company retreat
Partners are welcome to join!
Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Helm.ai at a glance
Helm.ai focuses on Automotive, Artificial Intelligence, Software, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Helm.ai has raised $13M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.