The smartest way to power your life
Sales Channel Development Manager
The mission for the Sales Channel Development Manager is to drive growth and scale across our markets (currently 7 states and counting) by sourcing, launching and stabilizing best-in-class field sales or field marketing organizations to sell Inspire's products and services, primarily through cross/indirectly selling our products with other/non-retail energy related offerings, in-store retail and other face-to-face programs. To tackle this mission, this leader will build a strong pipeline of potential sales partners, find those that are a fit and onboard them successfully before handing off to the Sales Channel Management team. Often times, the success of these partnerships comes down to the strength of the relationships that are built, and this role will forge those connections!
THE SALES CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of affiliate and indirect acquisition partnerships (i.e. partners that can attach Inspire’s products to their existing customer acquisition/lifecycle efforts). Example verticals include home automation, telecom/cable, residential storage (battery), rooftop and community solar, lawn care services, etc.
- Source, secure and launch new channel partners with field/in-person sales capabilities in door to door, retail, event or experiential settings, with potential for small business and telesales, as needed.
- Independently negotiate compensation and other key terms with sales partners in conjunction with support from sales and finance leaders to manage to Cost Per Acquisition and Sales Performance Targets.
- Build relationships with prospective partners and maintain relationships with active partners in an effort to drive continued sales volume growth.
- Identify new and/or alternative sales channels and develop path to viability.
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Utilize indirect/affiliate sales partners to generate over 1,000 new monthly net sales by EOY
- Source, negotiate and secure agreements with 3 sales partners by EOY
- Build pipeline of over a dozen potential new sales partners
- Participate in sales strategic planning, with a focus on identifying new sales channel(s) to target for partnerships in the next year
- 300 net sales from new partners run rate by the end of 90 days
- Build pipeline of over a dozen potential indirect/affiliate sales partners within 60 days of start date
- Identify new sales channel(s) and create a game plan to execute partnerships within 120 days of start date
- Hunter Mentality : You’re aggressive in searching and negotiating new opportunities to maintain a deep, active pipeline.
- Creative : You thrive on creating new ideas and trying new things without fear of failure to drive indirect sales volume.
- Comfortable Negotiating : You welcome running point on all negotiations with sales partners and are comfortable negotiating compensation and key contract terms.
- Team builder - You’re a talent magnet that people follow with a track record of developing others
- Collaborative - You’re a team player who loves working cross functionally with other super talented individuals
- Endlessly Curious - You constantly seek to learn new things, improve existing gaps, and take on new challenges.
- Grit - You’ll do whatever it takes to drive the outcomes that you seek.
- High Energy / Dynamic - Wakes up daily to create step-change opportunities. Never comfortable resting in current state.
- Business development or channel sales development experience
- They have a book of potential partners, both direct and cross-selling, that you can leverage
- You’re a strong strategic thinker with excellent communication skills
- Vendor/broker management experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with mission-driven products
- Retail energy (deregulation) experience
- High growth, early stage company experience
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!
Inspire at a glance
Inspire focuses on Clean Technology, Clean Energy, and Smart Home. Their company has offices in Philadelphia and Santa Monica. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Inspire has raised $8.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2015.