The smartest way to power your life
To build the world's most consumer-focused clean energy platform and inspire a connected movement of people towards a brighter energy future. This is Inspire’s mission statement. Our goal, to reverse the relentless rise of Co2 and the GHG that cause man-made climate change. We offer the first comprehensive platform for the energy efficient smart home. A subscription service for smart devices, clean energy technologies, and energy management, coupled with pro installation and on-bill financing.
Our Philadelphia office is looking for a Software Engineer to help us design and build high-quality software in our technology stack. You will learn our existing architecture, and quickly get immersed in ground-breaking problems at scale. You'll have a chance to contribute across our technology stack, work alongside great developers, rapidly ship features, and contribute ideas as part of a rapidly moving, product-driven organization.
THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role of this Software Engineer is to help us design and build high-quality software in our technology stack.
- Work directly with the Product team on project planning and discovery
- Develop a deep understanding of the business case driving the work
- Work with the team to develop high quality technical solutions for the problem at hand
- Write code
- Take a technical leadership role on systems and small teams
- 3+ years experience developing software for production systems
- Solid understanding of modern web technologies
- Experience developing applications in AWS or similar infrastructure
- Experience with a frontend framework like React or Vue
- Experience building APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Rails
- Experience with relational database and performance tuning
- Experience with React Native
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!