Temporary staffing marketplace
Sales Development Representative$35k – $45k • 0.2% – 0.5%
Hi, we are Gustav 👋
- We help businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world.
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world class sales department helping us to scale our customer base to many thousand companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world’s best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
As our first Sales Development Representative you will play a critical role establishing the basis for Gustav's sales development department. Over the next years we'll build up the sales development team around you and use the best practices and strategies that you have established to create the most amazing sales team out there. We'd love nothing more than to have you get promoted and train your replacement.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the founder and CEO on a daily basis to help grow our customer base
- Find accurate contact information for leads and qualify potential customers (staffing agencies) leveraging various sales and lead generation tools
- Reach out to new prospects daily in our target market and get them excited about Gustav. 50-100 phone calls each day, 100-200 emails each day.
- Nurturing and following up with prospects on a daily basis that are not yet ready to purchase with relevant information and drip campaigns using tools like Prospect or Hubspot
- Develop customer prospects through cold calls, emails and LinkedIn outreach
- Work in coordination with the founders to identify potential customers, qualify and schedule presentations
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycles by maintaining accurate information in CRM (Pipedrive)
- Be our CRM expert and keep our data clean and structured
- Report your weekly outcomes of leads developed, new leads added and any field sales intelligence; keep records and generate reports on all phases of activities ready for CEO to review at any time
- Shadow demo meetings and learn how to run Gustav demos and webinars
- Document your process in detail using Notion to be able to train your next hire
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of the below applies to you, we’d love to hear from you. 🦄
- Cold outreach? You're a pro! You never give up!
- Cold calls? You're not afraid!
- Joining a small startup and taking on responsibility? You are excited and eager to roll up your sleeves and hustle with the founders!
- You have at least 2+ years hands on experience in the US staffing industry working either for a staffing firm or a software supplier to the staffing industry such as an ATS SaaS company or Job Board
- You understand the dynamics and speak the staffing jargon
- You have at least 2+ years inbound or outbound sales development experience
- You have at least 2+ years experience working at a SaaS company and understand the basics of SaaS
- You have experience working in a smaller company environment, ideally with experience reporting into a founding CEO
- You’re process-oriented and excited about solving problems, finding creative solutions, and helping improve business processes as we grow
- You have experience working in fully remote teams and possess the ability to manage your time wisely
- You have high attention to detail! with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You have familiarity with tools like Pipedrive, Outreach, Prospect.io, Slack, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Loom, Notion, and Excel and are eager to learn new tools
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
- We will treat you really well, with competitive salary and equity. You probably have a strong desire for ownership, so we can provide multiple options depending on your risk tolerance.
🌈 Our stance
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we'd love to listen. If not, that's cool!
- We don't look for traditionally successful CVs. To build a special environment, we don't rely on typical measures of judging.
🎁 Our benefits
🏝 Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. Our team members are currently located in 🇵🇱 Poland and 🇦🇹 Austria. For this role you would ideally be located in a US timezone (CST, MST, EST) as it requires live customer interaction. 99% of our customers are in the US. If you prefer to be in a different timezone but can work US hours that's cool for us.
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
🥇 Fitness Allowance: We will pay for your gym membership, yoga studio membership, or whatever activity you do to stay healthy.
💻 Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
📣 Make a big difference and grow with us: Take, own and implement decisions to help build Gustav's sales team from scratch.
🤔 The Hiring Process:
Throughout this process, you'll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Access to a private Slack channel - chat directly with the founders.
Access to Google Drive doc - write responses to our interview questions.
Chats via Zoom - meet the team for each stage "in person" on video calls.
Here's a breakdown of our 4-step interview process:
1. Get to know each other: Meet the Co-founder/CEO (~1 hour). You'll spend some time chatting with Jan over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity.
2. Meet the team: You'll get to meet the founders (Daniel & Benjamin) as well as other team members (~1 hour). We value team fit over everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
3. Skill assessment: You'll complete a brief exercise to help us learn more about your skills, strategic thinking and technical expertise (~1 hour).
4. Final conversation: Jan and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind (~1 hour).
**We are mindful of your time:* Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.*
👋 How to apply
Simply follow this link to upload your resume or provide your LinkedIn profile.
If you want to stand out, include an answer to each of the following questions during the application:
- Pitch us Gustav and try to sell us the product. How would you do it based on the information you find on our website and after signing up. Be creative, create a slide deck, send us cold emails, record a Loom video or do whatever you feel it takes to make it work.
- What excites you to join us?
- Why are you the one that can help us grow and create a legendary company?
We are lucky to hear from you! 🥳