How the Future Does Dinner. Most variety. Most deliciousness
Director of Operations
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, strategy-driven operations leader who has a track record of building high functioning teams, is customer obsessed, has a passion for flawless execution, data driven, hands-on, & is interested in being part of a team building a “best in class” food fulfillment operation.
The Director of Operations drives the culture & leads the daily activities for a high-volume pick, pack, & ship Fulfillment Center. You will work directly with our Regional Senior Director to be in charge of building out & leading the operational road map for our largest facility. Your time will be spent between managing the daily operational logistics of the fulfillment center, creating a positive workplace culture for over 700 employees, mentoring the leadership team, and driving continuous improvement. This person will have a seat at the table and be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the company as a whole.
- Build & establish a strong team with a leadership pipeline; coach and develop talent within each functional area of fulfillment ( Fulfillment, Quality, Warehouse, and Shipping)
- Develop trust, credibility, effective and collaborative relationships with Hellofresh peers and direct reports
- Be the liaison between the site operations and other functions within Headquarters, helping your team to identify the key priorities for the site
- Develop high standards for execution to meet all KPI’s & financial metrics while supporting your team in achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals
- Ensure adequate communication of company goals and priorities to full Fulfillment Center team, including leading monthly meetings to engage and inspire a diverse, growing workforce
- Drive continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the fulfillment center to:
- Provide timely feedback to direct/indirect reports.
- Drive positive change within the facility
- Adapt to the ever-changing business needs and ensure that the team does the same
- Actively listen and accept feedback; convey ideas and/or concerns; communicate and hold operators accountable to the HF brand, KPI’s, and culture.
- Bold: you’re adventurous, outgoing and optimistic; you’re confident making decisions and taking calculated risk
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have the vision, passion, and imagination; you are not afraid to ask, ‘what if’ and constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging and use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solving complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- 10+ years of management experience leading a fulfillment operations center; preferably in food service, food production or kitting
- Bachelor's Degree required - Master's preferred
- Ability to think strategically and communicate at the executive level, coupled with top-notch organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Familiarity with FSMA, HACCP, SQF
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage 700 employees a day - our culture is a critical part of our success, and you are directly responsible for driving it
- Deep knowledge of Lean and Agile Production
- Comprehensive background in Fulfillment, Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing
- Inventory control management with a background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems (WMS implementation a plus)
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor and working directly with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated success at delivering new product initiatives in both a large company and start-up environments
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- A customer service obsession and a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Effective communication and are a leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to business needs
- Willing to work weekends and/or night shifts when needed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
HelloFresh at a glance
HelloFresh focuses on E-Commerce and Food and Beverages. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, London, Toronto, and Amsterdam. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, HelloFresh has raised $379.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.