Join 1 million members who get up to $250, budget, and save smarter. only takes 2-minutes
Frontend Engineer (React/Mobile/Web)$85k – $120k
Brigit is a financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only does Brigit help people today, but also helps them start saving for tomorrow and permanently transform their financial future. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, Brigit is able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates.
Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market. The company leverages its IP to analyze bank transaction data to empower and improve the lives of 100M underserved Americans.
Brigit is looking for a frontend engineer to help us scale our next-gen consumer finance platform. Our product has tremendous traction helping 1million+ low income Americans make ends meet. We’ve built beautifully designed, user-centric mobile and web clients with React (including React Native) and TypeScript, but we need help in making them even more user friendly & extensible.
As we approach our next phase of growth, we're scoping out new products and features helping our users save more and improve their credit options - in short, better equipping them along their financial journey. You'll have the opportunity to leverage the platform of our current frontend & backend base to build these new products from the ground up for millions of users. Financial products often come with difficult user challenges, and if you're excited by the idea of reconstructing difficult concepts into easy-to-use interfaces and products for end-users, then this is the right role for you.
Our engineering team has two main goals:
1) Ship Features supporting numerous external and internal applications. The next generation of our product may look nothing like what it does today - and we welcome that! The degree to which we design and create new features (and even new products) for users, architect our frontend-backend communications, implement design-to-development processes will make or break our success.
2) Scalability & Maintainability of our user-facing applications. Growing from 100k users to 10 million presents unique technical challenges. Because we’re growing so quickly, the efficiency and reliability of both our customer facing and internal tools needs to improve. In addition to creating new features, we have many tasks to tackle including the creation and upkeep of components & libraries, REST API design, testing & QA processes, and CI/CD enhancements.
The engineering team is small and nimble; you'll get an extraordinary amount of autonomy and ownership. More importantly, you’ll have a large say in the direction of the company -- both in terms of our technology and our product. One of our greatest strengths is the speed with which we can move. If you want to propose a new way of doing things, we are all ears. If you have an idea for a new feature, we'll be open to it. A new design paradigm? Bring it on.
At Brigit you'll find engineering best practices inspired by our experiences at Palantir, Amazon, Two Sigma, a mature CI/CD process, an easy-to-use local/staging/production development environment, and teammates willing to fill in the gaps. We automate manual things so we can focus on thinking and building something that truly helps people.
Recent accomplishments of our team
- Work with the Product & Design teams to spec, build, and ship a new Financial Health Score feature
- A/B test and optimize features that boosted our business’ bottom line
- Rebuild from scratch an internal dashboard that greatly enhances our internal customer success team’s efficiency
- Scale out our mobile/web client distribution to over 2 million users
- Build an entire financial tracking feature from scratch to shipped in 3 days
What You Have
- Experience using HTML & CSS to create beautiful interfaces
- Up-to-date grasp of the constantly evolving JS language standards, ES6 and beyond
- Experience consuming (and spec'ing requirements for) REST APIs
- TypeScript or other compile-to-JS language is a plus; Fullstack/backend experience (esp. in Java) is a plus; quantitative skills, knowledge or experience in finance is a plus
- You are a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
Some things you may work on
- Building the UI/UX for new features from end-to-end
- Implementing interaction and motion design for more delightful user experiences
- Unifying our component and styling libraries to be shared across our mobile and web clients
- Automating visual testing & visual regression detection processes
- Creating new mobile & web clients for upcoming products
The team at Brigit has an extensive background in finance, tech & data, with previous experience at Palantir, Deutsche Bank, and Two Sigma. The company is backed by leading equity investors including DCM, Canaan Partners, and NYCA, as well as a host of celebrities and other individual investors.
- 401k plan
- Generous PTO and sick days
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly company lunches
- Unlimited snacks
- Company happy hours
- Weekly team game nights
- Pet-friendly office
- GREAT PEOPLE
BOTTOM LINE: We're looking for curious, hardworking, down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping hardworking Americans improve their financial lives.
Brigit at a glance
Brigit focuses on Mobile, Internet, Finance, Personal Finance, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Brigit has raised $3M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.