See the World Differently
Senior Fullstack Engineer (Berlin)€70k – €85k
This position is located in Berlin, Germany
Helium's mission is to leverage the power of wireless technology and blockchain to build the People’s Network - the world’s first peer-to-peer wireless network that empowers anyone to become a network operator and unleash new classes of devices and applications that are impossible today. will come to fruition as a result of individuals, neighborhoods, and communities building this new network.
Helium was founded in 2013 by Napster Founder Shawn Fanning, Amir Haleem, and Sean Carey, with a mission to make it easier to build connected devices. Helium has raised equity funding from some of the most prominent Venture Capital (VC) firms in the world including GV (formerly Google Ventures), Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Marc Benioff, MunichRe and others.
The list of responsibilities includes, but isn't limited to, the following:
- Design, build and maintain fullstack user-facing web applications
- Scale applications to be highly reliable and secure
- Empower users with stellar UX, realtime data, and intelligible visualizations of complex concepts
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Be part of a passionate, mission-driven team
- You have 5+ years experience in Software Engineering
- You have 2+ years of experience developing with web application frameworks such as Elixir + Phoenix
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality, well-tested code
- Any experience with GraphQL/Apollo
- Any experience with Erlang/OTP
- Any experience with relational database design, especially Postgres
- A background in CS
- Interest/Experience with IoT and Blockchain
Helium at a glance
Helium focuses on Hardware, Software, Internet of Things, and PaaS. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Helium has raised $51.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019 at a valuation of $150M.