The most effective, efficient, & delightful cardiovascular disease prevention in the world
Senior Product Manager
Heartbeat Health is a venture-funded health tech startup in New York City. We’re working to deliver the most effective, efficient, and engaging cardiovascular care in the world. More than 80% of cardiovascular disease deaths are attributable to preventable factors, yet cardiovascular disease is the costliest and deadliest worldwide because its prevention is neither obvious nor easy. Our team consists of passionate and proven physicians, engineers, scientists, designers, sales and account managers and founders attacking this problem from first principles, applying human-centered design, and developing evidence-based AI to solve this global issue. We have been featured in TechCrunch, CNBC, Fast Company, and Forbes.
Our experience with thousands of patients has helped to shape our approach and reinforce our belief that ground-breaking technology and human touch are both essential elements of truly transformative healthcare. We also recognize that stepwise progress requires addressing the two major drivers of cardiovascular disease prevention: knowledge and behavior. Therefore, we’ve created a mobile product that continuously measures cardiovascular risk factors to determine individual risk from population risk models. Our members follow easy steps to improve their heart health and receive feedback from a network of world-class cardiologists empowered with data-driven insights. This simple idea of connecting people and technology with purpose gives every Heartbeat employee the superpower to save millions of lives.
Heartbeat Health is seeking a stellar Senior Product Manager to join our team.
About the gig
- Work with product leadership to help define the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Conduct market research, user research, and interviews with various stakeholders to define the problem space, identify first principles and points of leverage, and discover opportunities to fundamentally improve cardiovascular care.
- Work with design, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to execute product strategy at a tactical level.
- Define system and feature-level requirements for user-facing, cross-platform applications on desktop and mobile devices. Contribute technical feedback on system and data architecture, and conduct research on third-party services.
- Contribute feedback on low- and high-fidelity UX and UI designs.
- Lead release and sprint planning, and track team and individual velocity to ensure on-time completion and continuous improvement.
- Assist in feature-level QA of new and existing features to ensure a robust and reliable user experience.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams before and after releases to ensure a successful launch to users and customers.
- Work with product leadership to define, capture, and improve product success metrics.
- Draft documentation and communicate plans to senior leadership.
- Jump in to help the team fight any manner of fire that immediately and negatively affects the customer experience.
- Have 5+ years of industry experience product managing cross-platform, user-facing, data-driven applications for desktop and mobile devices - healthcare experience is a plus.
- Are broadly knowledgeable about agile and scrum methods, cross-platform implementations, full stack software development, UX design, and data science.
- Have fluency in scoping business requirements, defining product roadmaps, distilling feature requirements, managing research, design, and development sprints, capturing and interpreting product success metrics, finding product-market fit, and scaling product.
- Demonstrate strong technical proficiency, preferably with education or experience in software development or data science.
- Have an undergraduate or graduate (preferred) degree in computer science, business, or related fields.
- Are incredibly creative and resourceful in problem solving - design experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Can work closely with team members of various backgrounds, encouraging different perspectives and feedback to constantly improve product and process. Are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Can work from our New York City office.
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- *Up for the challenge: *make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- *We care about diversity: *diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. *Perks: *- opt into comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits
- enjoy flexible leave policies
- work in a modern workspace in a prime location
- unlimited office snacks, tea + coffee
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You will report to our Chief Product Officer and help us define, launch, and grow the digital and physical experience, for various stakeholders, across several platforms, including the web, iOS, watchOS, and Android. You will also help us grow a team that oversees product across the organization.
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced product manager with a demonstrated track record of shipping cross-platform, user-facing applications in a startup. You have the technical and design chops to build the apps yourself with little direction, but your real superpower is guiding a diverse and talented team to realize an even bigger product vision. You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you. You want the superpower to save millions of lives.