Start-up studio building digital products with leading partners
Senior Backend Architect and Developer€60k – €110k
Heaps Digital ventures has an open position at portfolio company, NightPay.
About the job:
You will be taking ownership of the backend development of the NightPay, mobile-first payment platform. We expect you to be involved in the entire process from architecting the solution to shipping the final product and are currently using the following stack and technologies:
- Go microservices
- Infrastructure on AWS with CloudFormation
You will become a key person on the development team and your work and thoughts will be key both for our builds as well as the future direction of the project.
- Translating product specifications to architecture and code.
- Designing, implementing and continuously improving backend services in PHP and Golang.
- Identifying, comparing, selecting and implementing technological solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Monitoring performance of backend services and databases.
- Managing infrastructure on AWS while considering tradeoffs between availability, scalability, performance, and security.
- Coordinate work with the team and communicate clearly to the rest of the company current progress and planned milestones.
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and trends.
If you have experience with payment solutions like Stripe, data warehouse management, recommendation engines or other relevant technologies and platforms it will be a plus, but not required.
We’ll be happy to discuss and share our current setup and system with you.
Ideally, you are self-driven, structured and motivated by new challenges. Further, great at both coordinating and leading a team, delegating responsibility, as well as executing on a plan yourself.
We offer top-competitive salary and employer benefits. Salary level is expected to be in the range of 60.000 - 110.000 EUR/year. It will be determined based on experience, qualifications and current salary level.
Furthermore, we offer:
- A unique opportunity to digitalize real-life experiences where you will be able to affect the entire build and see your work come to life.
- Flexible working hours with a very high level of autonomy. We value a good work-life balance.
- Spacious headquarters in the heart of Copenhagen - the current team is 50/50 remote and on-site.
- Working with a team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people.
- A great working environment with social activities (3 company trips per year with the entire global team).
- Continuous learning (dedicated time for exploring new technologies and education)
- Be part of a team that is constantly seeking to challenge the industry.
NightPay was launched in 2019 as a new payment and loyalty app for nightlife. Today, NightPay is growing rapidly and has already become the number-one payment solution within nightlife. It has more than 120 venues live in Denmark, Finland and Norway. View the app here: (itunes.apple.com/us/app/nightpay/id1364009391?mt=8).
About Heaps Digital Ventures:
Founded in 2014, Heaps is a start-up studio building consumer products with leading partners. Our team consists of software engineers, designers, marketeers and strategists that all share the passion for great digital companies and products.We conceptualise, build and scale projects that focus on giving great experiences for consumers. We are part of projects all the way from the idea stage to launch and into the growth-phase, with team, expertise and capital.
Heaps has been backed by well-renowned investors that also backed Spotify, Uber, Airbnb and Snapchat among them Ron Burkle, Gary Vaynerchuk and Steve Aoki. Heaps’ current partners include Warner Music Group, Joe & the Juice, REKOM Group and more.
You’re welcome to reach out with any questions you might have to Jens at email@example.com and if you are up for a quick talk about the opportunities at Heaps Digital Ventures, just let Jens know.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!