We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company
Director of Pharmacy Safety & Compliance
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics: Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health and Zero for fighting smoking addiction. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care.
As the Director of Safety & Compliance, you'll work with our Pharmacy and Supply Chain teams to ensure a robust and up to date compliance program is in place that is compliant with all federal and state regulatory requirements. Your focus will be on managing Ro’s compliance and safety teams and operationalizing the strategy to help us stay one step ahead as we expand. You will ensure that Ro is not only satisfying all safety and compliance regulations but also that we are best in class.
You will report to the SVP of Strategy and Operations. The role is based out of NYC with frequent travel to our nationwide network of pharmacies.
- Manage Ro’s compliance and safety team that owns all pharmacy licensing applications and maintenance, manages documentation requirements by state and builds out all safety processes and reports
- Be an expert of pharmacy regulations nationwide to ensure Ro pharmacies are compliant
- Represent Ro at pharmacy board meetings, inspections, and industry events
- Develop, implement, and enforce compliance policies, procedures, and tracking systems for pharmacy personnel
- Review regulations for the opening of new pharmacy locations across the U.S.
- Vet new and existing vendors across the supply chain with on-site visits, documentation tracking, and reporting
- Lead and recommend strategic accreditation projects
- Support as needed other areas of the business in developing internal controls, documentation tracking, and compliance processes
- Expand and improve safety and accuracy programs and protocols across locations
- Partner with the operations team to roll out process improvements
- Conduct facility risk assessments and workplace inspections to eliminate, minimize and control existing and potential hazards and to ensure all locations maintain regulatory safety compliance
- Coordinate with the General Counsel and Operations Leadership to maintain an effective compliance program
What We Are Looking For:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Doctor of Pharmacy Program and a registered Pharmacist with an active license
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmacy compliance-related experience, preferably in a mail or retail pharmacy or hospital setting
- Minimum of 3 years in a Leadership Compliance & Safety role
- Ability to compile a well-articulated dashboard and share performance metrics
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively, and work cross-functionally
- Outstanding communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Comprehensive in-depth knowledge of pharmacy systems and designs
- Excellent command of mail-order pharmaceutical compliance regulations nationwide
Benefits & Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Healthcare that takes care
You don’t have to tell us how important healthcare is! Ro contributes generously towards medical, dental and vision benefits + a One Medical membership for all full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
From generous paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, a dependent care account and a supportive #ro-kids community - we believe in family friendly benefits at Ro. We also love fur babies and are proud to be a dog-friendly office.
Equity for all
One of the best parts of joining a startup is the opportunity to both drive and benefit from the momentum that you help create. All full-time employees are granted equity to ensure the whole team shares in the success of our high growth.
Our team lives full lives - from a medical mission in the Philippines to performing at Carnegie Hall to simply hitting the beach - we believe in flexible time off so that Ro’ers can balance their hard work in the office with what matters to them outside the office.
Icing on the cake
We keep our team well-fed (cold-brew on tap, snacks galore, bi-weekly lunches) and host lots of opportunities for fun (like office karaoke, game night, baseball outings and UN tours) - giving Ro'ers opportunities to connect is an important part of our culture.
Live & learn
We take the well-being and growth of our team to heart. Ro offers stipends for gym reimbursement and learning & development (for professional or personal growth) and we host regular group fitness classes and an ongoing speaker series.
Ro at a glance
Ro focuses on Healthcare, Fitness, and Corporate Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ro has raised $176.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.