We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company
Director of People (Business Partner)
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics: Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health and Zero for fighting smoking addiction. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care.
As a Director of People, you will work across the organization - with individuals, teams, and leaders - to help us maintain and continuously improve our unique culture as we grow and to scale and support the business in achieving our meaningful mission and stellar results.
Reporting directly to the CPO, alongside the Director of Recruiting you will help co-lead the People team, with a focus on HR operations and business partner work (with a little org development - mostly in the form of organizing and executing programs). We will need you to develop and implement an HR operations function with modern, efficient and user-friendly processes and tools and a service-oriented and responsive culture. Also, to understand the unique needs of various teams across Ro and to build trust with employees and nurture partnerships with people managers, coaching them to best manage and lead their teams. All of this will require you to have a high sense of urgency and accountability, a high bar for quality and the ability to productively challenge, use data + logic as well as creativity + intuition to make Ro a fun and productive place to work
What You'll Do
- People Operations- Help us establish scalable, customer-friendly and timely ways of running day-to-day HR. Zoom out to see patterns and trends and then dig in to implement process, system and/or education to get the work done in the most effective and efficient way possible. *Some key areas of focus include: *
- Compensation & benefits (strategy + management)
- HR “lifecycle” and events
- Employee relations & compliance
HR data and analytics
Business Partner- Work together with business leaders to address (both proactively and reactively) team-specific needs. We have a huge range of employee populations - pharmacies, call centers, medical professionals, product & engineering and all the “typical” business functions - each with a unique impact on the business and their own needs for people team partnership. *Some examples include: *
Coaching managers and leaders on performance management, feedback, employee development, and career pathing
Partnering with the Recruitment and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
Assessing organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis — “pulse of the organization” — and identifying opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies
Constructively challenge the status quo to improve outcomes or processes
Organization Development- Ro has an amazing culture that is simultaneously high-performing + fast-paced + low-ego + empathetic. Make an impact by helping us establish strategic and data-driven practices that put culture, performance, and development at the forefront of how we operate to ensure employee engagement and business success. Some key areas of focus include:
Feedback culture & review process
Career growth and employee recognition & retention initiatives
Management & leadership development
Employee engagement & communications
What You Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of People / HR experience with at least three years leading part or all of an HR function
- 3-5 years as an HR Business Partner
- High sense of urgency and accountability. You have a high service-orientation, making sure to address issues/deliverables in a timely and effective way and to drive accountability on the team and with key partners.
- Strong communication skills - especially 1:1 and written/internal communications
- Experience consulting, collaborating and implementing strategy with business leaders to attract, engage, motivate and retain talent in an extremely competitive environment
- Fluidity with leveraging People data, metrics and analytics to support informed decision making and evaluate programs
- Experience in the healthcare and/or technology sectors
- Zenefits, Culture Amp &/or Lever expertise
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Healthcare that takes care
You don’t have to tell us how important healthcare is! Ro contributes generously towards medical, dental and vision benefits + a One Medical membership for all full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
From generous paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, a dependent care account and a supportive #ro-kids community - we believe in family friendly benefits at Ro. We also love fur babies and are proud to be a dog-friendly office.
Equity for all
One of the best parts of joining a startup is the opportunity to both drive and benefit from the momentum that you help create. All full-time employees are granted equity to ensure the whole team shares in the success of our high growth.
Our team lives full lives - from a medical mission in the Philippines to performing at Carnegie Hall to simply hitting the beach - we believe in flexible time off so that Ro’ers can balance their hard work in the office with what matters to them outside the office.
Icing on the cake
We keep our team well-fed (cold-brew on tap, snacks galore, bi-weekly lunches) and host lots of opportunities for fun (like office karaoke, game night, baseball outings and UN tours) - giving Ro'ers opportunities to connect is an important part of our culture.
Live & learn
We take the well-being and growth of our team to heart. Ro offers stipends for gym reimbursement and learning & development (for professional or personal growth) and we host regular group fitness classes and an ongoing speaker series.
Ro at a glance
Ro focuses on Healthcare, Fitness, and Corporate Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ro has raised $176.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.