We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company
Senior Product Designer, Patient Fulfillment
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer in Pharmacy teams, you’ll build the products that enable our Pharmacists to provide safe, high-quality care and operational excellence to our members. You will bring a strong mix of design leadership, user-centric problem solving, innovative product insights, and UX expertise to the teams.
You’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process working closely with Product Managers and Engineers, from research and ideation through delivery and iteration. In collaboration with stakeholders across medical, legal, care, and operations, your work will impact the lives of our members all across the country.
What You'll Do
- Make data-driven decisions that translate business goals into product experiences, turning complex problems into elegant and straightforward user-centric experiences that improve our members’ health
- Participate in user research and testing to apply insights from user studies
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes to test and validate ideas, designing in low or high fidelity as needed
- Work through all aspects of design from research, ideation, UX architecture, flows, interactions to wireframes, testing, and polished visual design
- Implement, maintain and evolve the Ro Design System
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams by communicating visually and verbally with key-stakeholders, including non-designers
What You’ll Bring
- Strong mix of design leadership and problem solving skills to the team, process and culture.
- Experience working on a rapid release cycle environment and partnered with product managers and engineering teams to define and ship features quickly
- Strategic thinking that looks for design efficiencies that balance engineering and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of the design
- Fluency in modern web technologies and understand the fundamentals of front-end development
- An obsession with details and excellent visual design skills
- Empathy towards not only to end-users but to the team you are working with
- Experience with Figma and front-end programming
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Healthcare that takes care
You don’t have to tell us how important healthcare is! Ro contributes generously towards medical, dental and vision benefits + a One Medical membership for all full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
From generous paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, a dependent care account and a supportive #ro-kids community - we believe in family friendly benefits at Ro. We also love fur babies and are proud to be a dog-friendly office.
Equity for all
One of the best parts of joining a startup is the opportunity to both drive and benefit from the momentum that you help create. All full-time employees are granted equity to ensure the whole team shares in the success of our high growth.
Our team lives full lives - from a medical mission in the Philippines to performing at Carnegie Hall to simply hitting the beach - we believe in flexible time off so that Ro’ers can balance their hard work in the office with what matters to them outside the office.
Icing on the cake
We keep our team well-fed (cold-brew on tap, snacks galore, bi-weekly lunches) and host lots of opportunities for fun (like office karaoke, game night, baseball outings and UN tours) - giving Ro'ers opportunities to connect is an important part of our culture.
Live & learn
We take the well-being and growth of our team to heart. Ro offers stipends for gym reimbursement and learning & development (for professional or personal growth) and we host regular group fitness classes and an ongoing speaker series.
Ro at a glance
Ro focuses on Healthcare, Fitness, and Corporate Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ro has raised $176.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.