Senior Engineer$110k – $190k • 1.0% – 6.0%
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Health Hero, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of engaging people in their health.
Vision: To make healthy happy people
Mission: 1 billion healthy happy people
Values: Love, Greatness, Unity
Health Hero is seeking a senior engineer, mainly with strong Ruby on Rails experience to support the next phase of growth of our platform: Scaling to hundreds of thousands of patients & members over the next 18 months.
As a lead senior engineer, your code will enable an omnichannel health engagement experience fulffiling the needs of people: Engaging people in their health via mobile, devices, web, phone calls (voice), text, and chatbots. All by doing in the simplest and most fun way possible with a great user experience, gamification, and empathy built into the product. Your team's technology will make that possible.
You will work shoulder to shoulder with our CEO & CTO to define the future of the company's technology. He or she will manage their own team, including new integrated systems & API integration projects.
This is a role for a brilliant and experienced technology leader with a mindset for growth & user empathy.
- Evaluate building our microservices via Ruby, Node, Golang, etc
- Evaluate blockchain technologies to support our data set
- Design a scalable solution to improve our software, using the latest technologies in NLP & ML
- Develop a cycle and side-effect prediction engine using user input data
- Build out a two-sided marketplace to connect patients & members to the best multi-channel health experiences.
- Set up continuous development, containerization, and delivery methods to our clients
- Collaborate with peers to define product vision, roadmap & ship new features
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
- Passion for meeting with clients & iterating rapidly to delight them
- Experience and/or passion & curiosity for machine learning, algorithms, data science
- History of leading a tech team in a startup environment
- At least 4+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Eye for great design
- Experience designing and implementing browser-based user interfaces using AJAX, REST, and/or JSON. Relational Database experience: PostgreSQL, etc
- Experience scaling high traffic websites (architecture/database)
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Experience with server administration and Amazon Web Services (EC2 / S3). Linode, Digital Ocean, or Heroku cloud platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive and super dependable
- Experience managing a technical team in a startup environment and a yearning to grow one
- Experience with agile, iterative, and test-driven development methods
Nice to have:
- React Native (or a willingness to learn React Native)
- Into health tech
- Data science expertise
- Voice application expertise
Please include GitHub & Gitlab accounts if available.
About Health Hero:
We are a passionate team. We exist to improve the lives of millions of people around the world. We are talking about saving real lives here, and doing so in the simplest, most rewarding, and loving way possible.
Are you ready to Hero Up?
Meet your team
Health Hero at a glance
Health Hero focuses on Healthcare, Health and Wellness, Patient Management, and Telemedicine. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Health Hero has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2015 at a valuation of $4.5M.