Creating access to affordable in-person therapy
Growth Partnerships Associate, Healthcare
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
Today, a single primary care physician (PCP) refers five to ten patients each week to therapy. Unfortunately, most of these patients never see a therapist because they simply can’t find one who accepts their insurance. By partnering with PCPs, pediatricians, and OBGYNs in NY and across the country, Headway can ensure that these patients are able to find therapists to get the care they need.
This channel will be one of the most important drivers of Headway’s continued growth and success, and we’re looking for the right people to build it out.
This role is responsible for activating successful partnerships with physicians to generate patient referrals—all the while further developing the playbook through creative and thoughtful experimentation. This is a full-cycle sales role, and you'll be instrumental in scaling these partnerships both here in New York and across the country as we launch new markets and make therapy more accessible nationwide.
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You have exceptional communication and sales skills, and you’re just as good at getting someone on the phone as you are at closing the partnership and finding upsell opportunities.
- You thrive in ambiguity and get excited about solving open-ended problems through collaboration and experimentation. You can approach new challenges thoughtfully and analytically.
- You are highly coachable, collaborative, and open to feedback. You can work effectively across functions and can think strategically beyond scope of sales.
- You can be scrappy but still strategic. You are an expert operator, capable of thriving ‘in the weeds’ but you know when to pick your head up and consider the bigger picture.
- You are organized, operationally excellent, and capable of managing a high-volume pipeline.
- You are passionate about healthcare and increasing access to mental health.
- You have 2 years of sales experience.
Headway at a glance
Headway focuses on Healthcare and Mental Health. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.headway.co/