Creating access to affordable in-person therapy
Head of Customer Experience
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system, rewired for access and affordability.
We all know someone that has struggled with mental health - 1 in 4 people have a treatable mental health condition - but the overwhelming majority don’t get the care they need. The primary reason is cost - eighty percent of therapists don’t accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is usually very, very expensive.
Headway is building the first national, virtual network of therapists who accept insurance, helping providers to expand their practices, and individuals to finally find a therapist they can afford. And we’re doing it all through software.
We launched in April of 2019 and are already powering thousands of therapy appointments every single day. To scale our mission, we’ve raised funding from the world’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack, Uber, Oscar) as well as the nation’s most innovative healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of One Medical, Flatiron Health, and Clover Health).
We believe a team's strength is in its people. Headway is solving a national problem of affordability, and we know this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.
Join us, and make an impact.
About The Role
The Operations team is responsible for supporting our mission directly with our clients, therapists and other partners. As the leader of a critical function at Headway, reporting to our co-founder and head of operations, you will be responsible for building new processes and product and scaling our teams to support Headway’s expansion.
We are looking for a strong generalist who can take on a breadth of functional and team ownership as we scale. At least initially (things change fast here!) the Head of Customer Experience will manage client experience, therapist experience, our inbound phones, and our referral programs.
You'll be a great fit if...
- You have startup Operations Leadership. Experience conceiving, building and refining new programs, processes and functions in a startup environment. You are exceptional at taking something from 1 to 10, while experimental enough to build something from 0 to 1. You thrive when tackling hard, ambiguous problems with minimal direction.
- You have management & Team Building Experience. This role is responsible for managing and developing a key part of Headway’s organization. The ideal candidate has previously managed meaningful teams and has experience building organizations.
- You are deeply Analytical. To succeed in this role you’ll need to build de novo processes and conceive and build (with support from BI/eng) the reporting foundation that will drive the team’s continued improvement.
- You are motivated by our Mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability). We have already helped thousands of people get care they couldn’t have otherwise afforded today and we’ll help millions tomorrow. Our team members are deeply committed to our mission.
Bonus Points For
- Product Leadership. Headway’s operations organization works directly with engineering. The leader in this role will play a key role helping us evolve our product. In solving hard operations problems, you are as comfortable proposing a new product as a new process solution.
- Sales / Account Management. While this is an operations role, this organization is responsible for some several sales activities. The best candidate for this position is comfortable managing a funnel, working with sales managers and trainers, and driving sales in an entrepreneurial environment.
Headway at a glance
Headway focuses on Healthcare and Mental Health. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.headway.co/