Creating access to affordable in-person therapy
Full-Stack Software Engineer$100k – $140k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Do something that matters. Do it by impacting people you know AND tackling a global issue. 1 in 4 Americans have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of them don't get help. This is largely because finding an affordable therapist is difficult. Or, at least it was before Headway. We are making it easy for people to find therapists who take their insurance by building a marketplace that deals with the messiness of insurance behind the scenes.
We are solving the mental health crisis, with the backing of the nation’s preeminent VCs (backers of Facebook, Linkedin, Slack, Uber, Oscar) and the nation’s most innovative digital healthcare entrepreneurs (founders of: One Medical, Flatiron Health, Clover Health).
Become part of our mission. Join a group of people creating access to affordable mental healthcare and drive both immediate and long term impact. We're growing rapidly--we’re already the biggest therapy group in NYC, facilitating thousands of appointments--and in this role you’ll build products to support orders of magnitude growth in the coming months and years ahead.
- Push code, own architectural decisions for an engineering team deploying daily across consumer-facing, therapist-facing, and internal-facing platforms; back-end web services. Our back-end is python, our front-end is react.
- Work with our Head of Engineering to build an engineering team as it grows from three to ten over the next year.
- Work alongside the cofounders to help set the development roadmap and bring to market novel technology solutions to America’s mental health epidemic.
- Grow and learn by doing. You’ll contribute to any part of the business that interests you. Interested in product management? Great -- work with us to conduct user research and build out our roadmap. Want to learn about user acquisition? Awesome -- help implement our SEO strategy.
- Change the trajectory of a startup striving to redefine access to mental health in America.
- You’ve architected and coded back-end services (bonus points if in Python); you’ve shipped code within MVC framework, i.e. Flask (which we use) or Django.
- Ideally, you've also have Front-End chops (even more ideally, you've shipped code in React or another single-page JS framework).
- You've built things from the ground-up, and you work well with teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience as an engineering manager or engineering lead at an early stage startup.
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in product, design, or other position complementary to software engineering.
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Competitive salary, very competitive equity, and robust benefits.
- As a mental health health company, we value mental health! While we work hard for our mission, we don’t valorize working hard just for the sake of it. If you need an afternoon off or a WFH day, we support you and won’t question your conviction in our mission.
- What matters to you? As a founding team member, you’ll contribute to our culture, values, and decisions like what additional benefits should we offer!
Meet your team
Headway at a glance
Headway focuses on Healthcare and Mental Health. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.headway.co/