Your place just got better. Your room, decorated and delivered
Senior Business Analyst
Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that makes decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst to undertake all aspects of strategy project work, business analytics, and strategic planning across the company to support long term growth and strategic projects. This person will be part of the broader Strategy & Analytics team responsible for cross departmental strategy work, company and department specific analytics to support real time projects and decision making, and ownership of company analytics and key business intelligence and tools.
We are looking for a team member who is not afraid to a roll-up-their-sleeves and is focused on delivering measurable results. You should have direct, hands-on experience in strategy, financial modeling, data analytics and related functions. You are dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and highly organized. Like our team, you should be customer- and brand-focused and naturally curious about new ways to help grow our new business and make our systems more efficient over time. You are comfortable working across multiple teams located in multiple geographies.
- Lead and/or support key strategic projects across the company, working with key stakeholders across departments on high priority strategy questions and decisions
- Support annual strategic business planning and forward-looking financial planning
- Create and maintain KPI dashboards and business scenario modeling
- Summarize analytical results clearly and concisely to support recommendations and inform key decisions in resource allocations
- Develop and maintain various business analytics and reporting tools to ensure that stakeholders across the business are measuring what matters and tracking progress and performance via sophisticated dashboards
- Own Looker platform and lead development of new business metrics and data models as part of the broader analytics team in order to provide better visibility into business performance across the portfolio
- Conduct and systematize analysis of key performance metrics to provide insight into strategic, operating and financial trends by market, region, and product. Communicate findings and actionable recommendations to senior leaders across the business
- Develop plans, forecasts, and analyses for strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects, including new business lines / markets / products. Support strategic decision-making in day-to-day operations, and other growth initiatives
- Continuously develop and innovate around both standard, ad-hoc reporting and analytics
When you join us you’ll bring:
- A passion for what we are building, the brand, and the client experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, or Engineering a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate finance, and/or corporate development
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering results-driven strategic recommendations, business modeling, and creating meaningful analysis to drive key business decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, strong and proven project management capabilities and stakeholder relationship development, and able to manage competing priorities
- Prior experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited data
- Advanced MS Excel user with experience building complex financial models and dashboards; proficiency with BI and data visualization software preferred. Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Advanced MS PowerPoint user and experience with G-suite tools
At Havenly, We Offer:
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, and see results.
- An opportunity to make and see an impact in a growing startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.
Havenly at a glance
Havenly focuses on E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Interior Design, and Home Decor. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Havenly has raised $25.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.