Your place just got better. Your room, decorated and delivered
Senior Product Manager
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating delightful customer experiences and managing product development initiatives that drive growth. You will lead, by influence, a cross-functional product team of designers, engineers, and stakeholders, to solve problems to improve our product and business. You will use every tool in your toolbelt to ensure we are solving the right problems, finding the best solutions, and using our time and resources most effectively. You will drive accountability and ownership of delivering a world-class customer experience.
You'll love this role if:
- You think big. You’re not constrained by the resources today or what others are doing in the market. You understand Havenly’s unique business, clients and opportunities and help develop short and long-term roadmaps for how to take advantage of them.
- You are pragmatic. You are able to break down large problems into actionable ones. You work with cross-functional teams to find ideal solutions that save time and money.
- You ruthlessly prioritize in collaboration with cross-functional peers. You balance quick wins with long term investments.
- You are organized. You can easily manage multiple initiatives with moving pieces across teams.
- You are data-driven. You have strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- You are able to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information and have an eagerness to learn from the outcomes.
- You are an excellent cross-functional communicator. You can move from technical conversations to strategic ones and you know when to loop someone in.
- You are technically fluent. You can creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with talented engineers.
- You lead with influence. You have a unique ability to organize people around a common goal.
- You channel your inner scientist. You structure problems to be solved and determine the best ways to do so with our business, customers, and designers in mind.
- You have a desire to move fast and act with confident humility
- Above all else, you are bright, kind, and goal-oriented
What You’ll Do:
- Build cross-functional relationships and handle complex projects from business problem through to a solution
- Validate assumptions as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Some ideas work better than others, your job is to facilitate learning which ones we continue to invest in.
- Create and own roadmaps detailing where we are allocating time and resources in product development
- Set clear goals and deadlines and take responsibility to meet them
- Collaborate cross-functionally to discover and develop new features and functionalities that will improve our customer experience and business goals.
- Communicate with stakeholders to gather consensus and inform on the progress of product initiatives
- Be the expert in the product and deeply understand customers and the business through quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Take business initiatives and break them down into validated product features ready for delivery
- Work with product designers and software engineers to move ideas through to delivered solutions
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier school
- 3+ years experience with product management at a start-up or growth stage company
- Strong project management skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in quantitative analysis of raw data; SQL experience a plus
- Experience with qualitative research methods (user testing, surveys, focus groups, etc.)
- Experience with a tech-driven product at a consumer company a plus
- Solid understanding of web and mobile app technologies and frameworks
Why you’ll love working at Havenly:
It’s challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, and grow your skillset. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, and every day you’ll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.
It’s fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, and call home.
It’s fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do and make an impact is fun.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online. IMPORTANT - In your cover letter, tell us why you’re excited about Havenly, what’s important to you in your next role, and why you’re a great fit for this opportunity.
Havenly at a glance
Havenly focuses on E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Interior Design, and Home Decor. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Havenly has raised $25.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.