Frontend Software Engineer$1k – $2k
FRONTEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are currently looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to be part of
our adverse in – house engineering experts. He/She will be tasked with combining the
art of design with that of building applications with a clean, minimalistic aesthetic
within Hava. He/She shall help continue to build out the Hava platform and the
supporting administrative systems.
● Seasoned with building highly interactive fully featured web applications.
● Must have a strong product design sense, and an eye for detail.
● Experience with Angular, React, or Vue.
● Experience with jQuery and Ajax.
● Experience with Bootstrap or Material Design.
● Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
● Willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best product.
● Ability to dive into large existing projects and contribute by narrowing down and
quickly understand relevant parts of the system.
● Must have a pragmatic and agnostic approach to coding, with no specific
preference for any language/framework, and understanding when to (and when
not to) apply certain design patterns and refactoring, based on years of
experience with several large projects.
● Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
● Proven track record for meeting targets & deliverables independently and as part
of a group effort.
1 | Page
● Experience with performance and memory tuning with chrome developer tools.
● Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
● Familiarity with continuous integration.
like React or Angular or Vue.
● Write clean and maintainable code to implement features.
● Create the test infrastructure to fully automate the testing of the features.
● Integrate health monitoring and logging tooling to maintain a healthy stack.
● Plan and architect the software development strategy for a robust and scalable
● Maintain the latest version of libraries to stay on top of an ever changing
frontend development landscape.
● Design and improve the user experience based on empirical feedback.
● Develop top-notch applications in complex, multi-threaded environments.
● Develop automated tests and maintain code quality.
● Track, diagnose, and repair application errors, performance issues, and
● Develop high-performing applications with a clean, minimalist aesthetic within
the Hava Brand.
● Work with the team or customers to come up with UX design and implement it.
In your application, please attach a cover letter alongside your curriculum vitae
explaining why you are best suited for this position . In addition, kindly address and
answer the following questions.
● How many years of professional experience do you have with: Angular? React?
● Do you have any websites or web apps you created? If so, link please.
● Are you experienced with automated testing? If so, please explain in detail (what
frameworks, years of experience, etc)
● Where did you hear about this job posting?
Interested candidates should send their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Frontend Software Engineer .
Hava at a glance
Hava focuses on Transportation. Their company has offices in Nairobi. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.hava.bz