Workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application
Strategic Account Manager
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role
Strategic Account Manager is an outside sales position responsible for developing, managing, and closing business within Strategic Enterprise Accounts in our outside field sales organization. The role is responsible for driving the sales cycle from prospect to close selling the complete HashiCorp software suite to named key accounts.
In this role you can expect to
- Engage new and existing HashiCorp Open Source Users to demonstrate how they can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around sales opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and promote the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Build a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Regular Air Travel is required
- Accurately estimate qualifying opportunities based on BANT
- Effectively connect with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and accurate process, and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
You may be a fit for our team if you have
- Experience in Open Source software business models is preferred and proficiency in Cloud and Infrastructure software is a minimum requirement
- Significant strategic sales and strategic customer development experience
- Supervise record in closing enterprise deals
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- Good executive presence, communication skills, and credibility
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets and consistently ranked top 1-2 on their team
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Located in Canberra
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RU1
Medical, dental, and vision
HashiCorp offers your choice of medical plans as well as dental and vision coverage for you and any dependents, including spouses, domestic partners, and children. Coverage begins upon your first day of hire.
Our 401(k) plan provides a variety of investment options to help you fund your retirement. The plan allows you to contribute a designated amount of your pre-taxed income from each paycheck thereby lowering your taxable annual income.
We call San Francisco home, but our team is spreading across the world. Though some roles may be location dependent, we welcome remote work.
Flexible time off
We embrace a culture of personal responsibility and mutual trust, and we want our vacation and time off policy to reflect that. The FTO Policy allows employees to take paid time away from work for not only vacations and illnesses, but a variety of other personal needs. Employees may use FTO in any increments of time and there are no minimum allowances or maximum limits.
You may elect up to $255 per month for transit as well as parking expenses for a total of $510 for the purchase of commuter passes or payment of approved transit vendors. The monthly elections are pretax deductions which will lower your taxable income.
½ paid day off for company community service
Everyone is encouraged to take advantage of our company community service day which takes place on Veteran's Day each year and allows you take a half day of paid time off for the purpose of volunteering with a local charity of your choosing.
Life and disability insurance
HashiCorp provides life insurance coverage in the amount equal to your annual salary at no cost to you. You will also be covered under our short term and long term disability policies in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to a health condition.
Flexible spending account (fsa)
You can set aside pretax money to go towards the purchase or payment of approved health care and dependent care expenses. These can include copays, birth control, day care for children or elder adults, acupuncture, and more.
Generous paid holidays
We offer 8 Paid Holidays each year to all employees. We respect all major holidays, and provide an extended break for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
HashiCorp at a glance
HashiCorp focuses on Cloud Management, Software, Cloud Infrastructure, Cyber Security, and Private Equity . Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, HashiCorp has raised $349M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.